• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

needed a word processer

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

colt.45

freshwater fanatic
Aug 28, 2005
the tone in these two chapters is one of moral irony. in chapter 31 Huck is faced once again with the delima of what to do with Jim. the irony is shown by the author in Huck's preception of his choices which are to either turn Jim in to Ms. Watson, or steal him back from the slavers. In Huck's mind the right thing to do is to return Jim to Ms. Watson because he is her property and to help him escape is as good as stealing him, and stealing, of course, is a sin. From todays point of view Huck is doing exactly the right thing by helping Jim escape. We believe that no man has the right to own another. and that Huck's actions are not only right, but in a way heroic, because he is willing to risk so much in order to reunite Jim with his family and ensure his freedom.

Last edited:
In the end he condems himself to eternal damnation by tearing up the letter to Ms. Watson and setting out to steal back Jim. this is where, for the reader, the irony takes place. By contrasting the morals and beleifs of today but what was beleived back then we can see that by choosing what he thinks is evil and condeming himself huck is actually doing the most selfless and noble thig possable. He just doesn't see it.

Last edited:
In the second chapter the tone lightens up a little bit and we get a break from the whole moral debate thing in this chapter we are simply entertained by Huck trying to get himself out of another interesting perdicament, I guess it is kind of ironic though that Jim would end up at Tom Sayers realitives place and that Huck got mistaken for Tom It's kinda like things have come full circle here.

i needed to type up an emergency paper for school about tone and irony in chapters 31 and 32 of huck finn but the computer i was on diddn't have word processing. so i used this.

Thank God for that, I thought we'd better call a doctor for a minute rofl The wonders of the internet eh?

rofl rofl rofl
i was just about to sign you up for the WWA (Weirdo of the Week Award ) rofl rofl

good thinking rofl

I still reckon he’s had to much fallen over water and it’s one of those I’m pissed so what can I do moments.:fridayroflroflrofl

Whoops just noticed his age, in which case I fully retract the above statement.:duh:D

If You need something like that once more, try using docs.google.com or the online-version of openoffice.org. I've tried google docs and they're very, very good. You can even create a pdf of Your document in a snap. :)

But feel free to post the result here! :D

Yeah my teacher gave me a pretty weird look when i handed her a page full of fourm post but she thought it was pretty funny once i explained it to her. and even though i cut it pretty close timewise (ran trough the door as the bell rang) it was still turned in on time and i think i got a decent grade.

Great to have an open minded teacher! I once had to do a paper for 8th grade biology class, so I did it on sea monsters - starting from the myths and tying it into giant squid. It wasn't exactly what she wanted, but I got a fair grade.

Yeah my teacher gave me a pretty weird look when i handed her a page full of fourm post but she thought it was pretty funny once i explained it to her. and even though i cut it pretty close timewise (ran trough the door as the bell rang) it was still turned in on time and i think i got a decent grade.

LOL i bet she did :p

You gonna fill us in on your desent grade? hehe

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT