• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Nemrod Comando Speargun Parts

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I am not 100% sure - but it may be these are a standard size - which means you might be able to use a pump from a modern gun. I'd certainly test the hypothesis before buying one though.

I am not 100% sure - but it may be these are a standard size - which means you might be able to use a pump from a modern gun. I'd certainly test the hypothesis before buying one though.

Nemrod have changed the pump handle shape, but the connection threads have stayed the same. All the black plastic handle Nemrod pumps are virtually identical, the ones with the blue anodized barrels. Look on eBay, often you can buy a pump and a gun very cheaply, the gun may be damaged but the pump can be OK. The real problem is the rubber pump seals, they deteriorate over time.

So a mares pump, would it work for a nemrod gun?

No, you need a Nemrod pump. Earlier Nemrod pumps had a blue rounded handle, like an old style bicycle pump, but the later versions had a black plastic pump handle, including the version supplied with the "Comando" which was one of the "Silver series" spearguns. Earlier pumps have a number of knurled bands on the blue anodized pump barrel (to provide a grip), but the later ones just have a smooth outer barrel tube. The screw thread (16 mm) connections stayed the same, the pump seals to the back of the gun via a washer at the bottom of the inlet valve attachment point. On the pump handle you will find "Nemrod" and "Made in Spain"; Nemrod always identified their gear by displaying their name on each moulded plastic part, provided it was large enough to display their name.

I have another question, is there a stopper for the piston or dos it just slam into the end cap?

I have another question, is there a stopper for the piston or dos it just slam into the end cap?

The muzzle contains the shock absorber, that is why it has a large outer diameter. Nemrod used that type of muzzle on many of their guns until the "Clipper" models arrived.

Yes I see the gap im gonna have to put some rubber washers there or something. Thank you. Would you know the thred size for the pump?

Yes I see the gap im gonna have to put some rubber washers there or something. Thank you. Would you know the thred size for the pump?

It appears to be M16 x 1 or ten threads per centimetre. Threads peaks appear to be a little under 16 mm OD. A chart of metric sizes can be found here: Metric Fine Thread Data

Djohn, you could get a pump at your local dive shop or online, than order a brass adapter to fit it from www.mcmastercarr.com/
Once you get 50 pump strokes in it you can place it in a tub of water to check for leaks. Bubbles from inside the muzzle port would point to a possible piston leak.
Cheers, Don Paul

Last edited:
would you know the pump thread sizes for Mares, cressi sub, beuchat and seac sub?

would you know the pump thread sizes for Mares, cressi sub, beuchat and seac sub?

The Mares pump has a M14 x 1 connecting thread and the Cressi-Sub has a M18 x 1.5 connecting thread. Mares have their inlet port sealing "O" ring built onto the hand pump nose whereas the Cressi-Sub, like most other pneumatic speargun hand pumps, has a plain open end with the seal being at the base of the gun's inlet valve port. I don't have a Seac-Sub pump to measure, so you will need that size from someone else. The Sporasub "Stealth" pump is identical to the Mares pump, not surprising as it was a rebadged Mares gun.

so i decided to buy a Cressi pump that ill weld a m16x1 adapter to it so i can use it for my nemrod.

ive fixed the piston and discovered the gun has a shock absorber in it just needed to be cleaned.

special thanks to Popgun Pete and Don Paul and Popgun Pete :)
ill upload pictures soon

-John

Welcome to the darkside.:D

Cheers, Don Paul

Attachments

• Darkside.jpg
    Darkside.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 277
I cant find anything anywhere with a thread adapter with a female m18x1.5 to a male m16x1 :vangry heck i cant even find the male m16x1 alone. please help

Last edited:
I cant find anything anywhere with a thread adapter with a female m18x1.5 to a male m16x1 :vangry heck i cant even find the male m16x1 alone. please help

Adapter items are usually something that has to be fabricated if it is not some standard parts option. I think that you would be better to watch eBay and look for a Nemrod pump. One will turn up eventually.

ok so i have some pictures
this is a reducer i drew out so shop can make this for me, but he didnt have the tools for the threads i wanted. so he has to borrow them from someone.
reducerforthenemrodcressipump.jpg

But i could not wait so i made my own adapter the only way i knew how, using pvc connectors and some epoxy then i drilled them out and used the pump and back end of the gun to force threads in it slowly.
843346132_photobucket_67538_.jpg

Of course its not 100% perfect but it seals very good with some thread tape.
843346132_photobucket_67537_.jpg

and here is the pump on the adapter on the gun.
843346132_photobucket_67535_.jpg

and i was able to pump in 300+ pumps that should be 300+ psi i think? "correct me if im wrong please" then i placed it in my bath tub filled with water and it did not leak any air at all, im going to my friends house to test it in his pool later.

With the reel there you will not be able to use the line wrap system. The line usually wraps around each rubber horn alternating from side to side, back and forth to that rubber hook in front of the handle underneath the gun. You do not want to shoot straight off the reel, but I guess you could use the rear plastic clip to string the shooting line. Good job on the pump, don't worry about the pressure, all you need is to be able to load it during the dive.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT