• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEMROD PNEUMATIC SPEARGUN (FUSIL)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Here is a small Nemrod "Galeon 1" in good condition, hopefully it does not become a raygun!
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage...716145?hash=item2156d4eef1:g:OToAAOSwG8tcnKNj
s-l1600.jpg

However 300 bucks is a lot for a gun that does not currently work. The cracked rear yellow cap will be due to a leaking rear inlet valve, I had that happen with my “Comando” that uses a black version of the exact same rear plastic cap. Compressed air leaking slowly pressurizes the plastic cap and it cracks because a rubber seal at the cap base holds air in and of course keeps water out when diving with the gun.

Last edited:
Here is a small Nemrod "Galeon 1" in good condition, hopefully it does not become a raygun!
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage...716145?hash=item2156d4eef1:g:OToAAOSwG8tcnKNj
s-l1600.jpg

However 300 bucks is a lot for a gun that does not currently work. The cracked rear yellow cap will be due to a leaking rear inlet valve, I had that happen with my “Comando” that uses a black version of the exact same rear plastic cap. Compressed air leaking slowly pressurizes the plastic cap and it cracks because a rubber seal at the cap base holds air in and of course keeps water out when diving with the gun.
I have that problem, even you sent sketch (Thanks a'lot) I don't find the O-ring in valve, and don't know it's size, or how it looks like, I cannot fix the gun, and cannot continue checking it. Do you have, by mistake, photo? Not just sketch? No connection, I have the body of the "Comando", but it looks rather old, and damaged. Do you need it? Regards

The valve "O" ring in my "Comando" eventually got squashed out of shape by flattening and no longer held pressure. That was due to the rubber ageing and the gun being at high pressure as I always had it pumped up to as much as I could load against for shooting. So photographs will be of no use. I suggest you try to find the parts from raygun converters as for sure they remove the rear tank and rear bulkhead parts and shorten the inner barrel tube, so all the rear end parts, which you need, are discarded or put into a storage bin.

The valve "O" ring in my "Comando" eventually got squashed out of shape by flattening and no longer held pressure. That was due to the rubber ageing and the gun being at high pressure as I always had it pumped up to as much as I could load against for shooting. So photographs will be of no use. I suggest you try to find the parts from raygun converters as for sure they remove the rear tank and rear bulkhead parts and shorten the inner barrel tube, so all the rear end parts, which you need, are discarded or put into a storage bin.
View attachment 53840
Who are those "raygun", do you have address? Do you need my "Comando" old body? Thanks

You have to look and do some google searches, I cannot do it for you. I no longer use my "Comando", so I do not need another and I stopped using it once more powerful guns became available which float after the shot. By not falling to the bottom these floating guns avoid scratches and damage from sharp and abrasive underwater objects.

You have to look and do some google searches, I cannot do it for you. I no longer use my "Comando", so I do not need another and I stopped using it once more powerful guns became available which float after the shot. By not falling to the bottom these floating guns avoid scratches and damage from sharp and abrasive underwater objects.
Thanks

The "O" ring is probably not the correct size. I remember the valve "O" ring on my Comando Silver series gun had a thick cross section that was not easily replaced. I don't have the sizes for any of those rings and possibly some were special sizes made for the company and for use only in those guns.

Those diagrams are the official ones from Nemrod and were supplied with each new gun, so they should be correct in their depiction of how the parts are assembled.

I still have a small supply of piston u-cup seals, the barrel o-rings, the rear seal that seats the pump, and the tiny o-ring that seats the valve needle. These are for the Clipper series, maybe others. PM me if I can help. My three clippers are holding air and seeing current service underwater.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT