• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Never ever again...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rstyh00k

Aug 28, 2010
So finally decided to go to point dume, didn't want to dive alone, so i brought a friend to get in my dingie and we go out paddling..biggest mistake ever,(btw turns out he's never paddled or anything..) so i waited for the waves to go down, i got in the water while he is in the boat, i pushed and kept swinng and pushing the boat, n i saw a wave, so i pushed in a diffrent direction we went over the wave, at this point im exausted and theres more waves so im like paddle paddle paddle, he tiltled the boat sideways, the wave comes, flips us! my riffe 2xs my jbl my bag of gears all FLIPPED! im tumbling around, thank god, i had tied m y gun to my float line and bouy before hand...came out alive, with everyhting besides my mask and riffe snorkel -__-, he lost his phone,wallet and a carbon fiber fishing rod. After i asked wth happened, hes like i didn't know how to paddle! -___- idiot

Reactions: Kars
I'm sorry to hear this epic story, but at the same time you made it interesting to read :)

I hope you both are able to appreciate the experience later on with a smile. :)

Yeah i am, i alwayz learn from my mistakes so im good, a bit dissapointed but its ok :) i believe theres a reason for everything so idk maybe this happened cause if i dived somthing worse was gna happen :) im just 16 and imma run into more mistakes so its kk. lol but i remeber after flipping first thing that came to mind WHERE THE F@!# IS MY GUN! lol
Posted via Mobile Device

It's pretty common for kayaks to flip, so its a good idea to clip everything to the yak. Haven't heard of dinghies flipping before.

I met an old chap walking in with his new little SOT kayak one day. I met him again later in the day and he'd lost his box of expensive fishing lures when he got flipped out close to shore first time out. I dived to try to find them several times but there was no sign of them (lots of weed, rocks and currents). I re-visit the spot several times since but they never did show up.

yeah...whatever i learned from my mistake, im making a body board float i have the desighn drawn out, when im done post it up
Posted via Mobile Device

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT