• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Beuchat Mundial freediving computer!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

freespirit

Jun 4, 2007
Hi, i recently received a mail from Spearotek.com, where it is being announced as an advanced freediving electronic depth gauge, ... Does anyone already know anything about this new coming freediving computer, so in order to start figuring out and compare some of its functions and possible selling price...

Introducing Beuchat’s cutting edge freediving electronic depth gauge, the MUNDIAL

LAKE WORTH, FL – June 4, 2010 – SpearoTek, Inc., the exclusive distributor of Beuchat International in the U.S., announced today that Beuchat continues to reinforce its innovative position in freediving and spearfishing with the introduction of their cutting edge freediving electronic depth gauge, the MUNDIAL.

Dedicated to Freediving
The MUNDIAL freediving electronic depth gauge has been meticulously designed specifically for freedivers. Detailed information displays, multiple alarm options, and independent timer options are just a few of the many innovative functions which will meet the needs of the most demanding freedivers and spearfishers.[FONT=Times New Roman,serif] [/FONT]

Detailed Dive Information
During the dive, the MUNDIAL displays the current depth, elapsed dive time and alarm notifications.[FONT=Times New Roman,serif] With the push of a button the diver can access a countdown timer, temperature and the current time.[FONT=Times New Roman,serif] [/FONT]Upon return to the surface, the diver is presented with the maximum depth, total dive time, dive number for the day, and the current surface interval timer. Again, with the push of a button, the diver can access additional timers, current temperature, current time, dive log, dive history, and more. [/FONT]

Informative Dive History and Detailed Log
In Log mode, the Beuchat MUNDIAL offers detailed dive reports.[FONT=Times New Roman,serif] While scanning through up to 99 previous dives, the diver can review maximum depth, pre-dive surface interval, elapsed dive time, dive number for the day, time of day the dive began, and minimum recorded dive temperature. In addition, replayable dive profiles with one second precision for each dive can be easily viewed. [/FONT]
In History mode,[FONT=Times New Roman,serif] total dive time for the history of the electronic depth gauge (up to 1000 hrs), total number of dives (up to 9999 dives), all-time maximum depth, all-time maximum dive time, and averages for depth, time, and number of dives per day are all available. [/FONT]

Safety and Training Benefits with Multiple Alarms
The Beuchat MUNDIAL freediving electronic depth gauge offers increased safety and excellent training benefits through the use of its multiple, user-configurable alarms. Elapsed dive timer alarm, repeating depth interval alarm, and descending depth alarm (up to three separate depths can be set), are all essential in pushing the diver’s limits through freedive training. The surface recovery timer with alarm is especially beneficial for spearfishers, as it assists the diver in reaching safe recovery intervals while maintaining focus on the catch below and on the surrounding environment.

Maximum Performance in an Intuitive and Modern Design
Packed with performance, the Beuchat [FONT=Times New Roman,serif]Mundial is ideally suited for all types of freediving and spearfishing, whether recreational or competitive. With its high visibility display, easily accessible buttons (even when wearing gloves), and elegant design, not only is it the ultimate freedive electronic depth gauge, but it also serves as an excellent every day watch with dual time zones. [/FONT]

Founded in the 1930s, Beuchat has been involved in the development of all aspects of underwater activities. SpearoTek, Inc. is a leading U.S. wholesale distribution company for the most innovative spearfishing and freediving equipment from around the world. Through extensive research, development and testing, SpearoTek, Inc. is first when it comes to bringing cutting-edge spearfishing technology to U.S. markets.

Check it out in person this weekend at the Blue Wild Expo in Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Booth 405

www.TheBlueWild.com

jpeg

Attachments

• mundial.jpg
    mundial.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 232
Reactions: Claudio and trux
Ineresting! I did not see it yet, but will try to find some more info. From the description of features it looks like another Pelagic computer clone (Pelagic manufacturs computers for example for Aeris, Oceanic, and Tusa). Perhaps an F.10 clone? I'll try to get the manual and will add it to the comparative review of freedving computers too.

have a sample coming in soon, but here is some info in the meantime from Beuchat:

Attachments

• 0Communication launch kit_Mundial_June 2010.pdf - Adobe Reader.bmp
    893.8 KB · Views: 314
  • 1Communication launch kit_Mundial_June 2010.pdf - Adobe Reader.bmp
    595.1 KB · Views: 232
  • Beuchat Mundial_Press release with image of screens.pdf
    226.2 KB · Views: 266
After looking at the back of this watch I realized that it is exactly like my Oceanic Geo. My guess is that this IS a copy of the F10.

Not really a copy. That would invoke ripping off Aeris. More precisely it is another clone of a Pelagic computer. Pelagic manufacturers computers for several brands. So far I know about Oceanic, Aeris, Tusa, and from what I saw I am persuaded this Beuchat comp is almost certainly one from Pelagic too.

However, the Pelagic computers, although sold under different brands, are never perfectly identical - sometimes they differ just in some small design modifications, but sometimes some features are removed or added. So only after seeing the manual, we'll be able to tell whether it is an exact clone of F.10 (at least what the firmware concerns) or not. And only after hearing the feedback from the first users we'll know whether the F.10 firmware and hardware bugs are present in Beuchat's Mundial too. Regardless, if it is based on F.10 (which seems to be more than likely), then it is an excellent computer anyway.

Last edited:
I take back what I said if this computer is the younger brother of the f10 :D

Pelagic for sure! which is owned by Bob Hollis (Oceanic, Hollis, Aeris etc).

would follow to reason as all other beuchat computors are also made by Pelagic Pressure systems.

DD

OK, so I've got some additional information including the user manual directly from Beuchat, and the computer is indeed almost an exact clone of the F.10. The only difference is the slightly modified case, larger buttons, and the missing alarm LED. Apart from the flashinhg LED on F.10, the functionality of the Beuchat computer is perfectly identical.

I've completed the data sheet in the comparative review. You can see the Beuchat Mundial watch together with F.10 on this page:

APNEA.cz - Freediving Computers

Hi trux, first of all , thanx for your kind and dedicated effort about this subject, and for your replies on this thread! (this goes also and obviously to the other repliers too!)

Second, may you explain me, the difference between "surface time alarm" and "surface interval alarm" ?

Third, is there any practical utility in the led thing on the F10 in any freediving situation...?

Last (for now, lol...), when it`s said that they activate on about 1.2m being this not to "pool friendly"... are we only talking about automatic activation or do these computers not worth in pool... like being too button pressing demanding each time we make an apnea...?

Thanks for your kind words, freespirit,
Second, may you explain me, the difference between "surface time alarm" and "surface interval alarm" ?
The "interval" alarm (there are two of them in the comparative review - surface and depth interval alarms) are repetitive (they sound repetitively each X seconds), while the normal ones sound just once.

Third, is there any practical utility in the led thing on the F10 in any freediving situation...?
I never tried it, so do not know, but it is true that at very most computers the alarm is not loud enough and freedivers have often problems hearing it. Having a flashing LED adds some redundancy, and increases the chance you do not miss an important alarm, but I do not know how easily you can see the light when not having the watch directly in front of your face. I guess in dark environment there is a good chance to see it, but perhaps some F.10 users could tell us better about their experience.

Also perhaps some spearos or video/photo-graphers may prefer silent mode, while still having the alarm - in that case it can be indeed useful.

Personally I think it is really a very minor detail, that I would not care of too much.

Last (for now, lol...), when it`s said that they activate on about 1.2m being this not to "pool friendly"... are we only talking about automatic activation or do these computers not worth in pool... like being too button pressing demanding each time we make an apnea...?
The watch with deep activation will not log pool dives correctly. Depending on the pool depth and profile, it may trim the dives considerably, or not logging them at all. So for example most Suuntos have the activation depth around 0.5m, which means you can use them for timing your dives and recovery times between dives very easily. So if you practise planned exercises (like for example dynamic hypoxic or hypercapnic tables), it facilitates it greatly. And you can then also analyze your training after downloading the profiles. If you have bigger activation depth, the logging is not reliable - it starts recording too late, often cuts the ends, or even stops in the middle of the dive, and when you surface you do not know what your recovery time really is.

You cannot start the dive mode manually (at any computer I saw), so if you want to use such watch for pool training, you better turn off the dive mode, and rely exclusively on the stopwatch triggered manually. However, personally I prefer automated chronometring, because when doing really hard exercises, at the end of a dive I often forget to stop the watch or to look at the time.

Last edited:
I'd stay away from the F10 and be wary of this watch as well. I have had issues with my F10 (battery related) and my replacement as well. Everybody else that I know with one has had battery warning problems as well. Both of my watches would occasionally fail to register a dive, reset it's surface interval at random, or give bizzare readings. Probably 1 out of 50-100 dives that I've noticed. I have been going around and around with Oceanic for a few months now trying to get them to issue me a refund for some time now as I'm quite fed up with this company and the F10. :naughty

Does anybody know exactly what was changed/fixed in the F10 to solve the "static charge issues" and how one can tell by looking at a watch?

Thanks,

Paul

Static charge issue was fixed by the addtion of some isolation shims. this has shipped on all recent units for the past couple of months.

however i know the australian distributor is able to fit these shims to any of these that has a problem so i would assume that other country may be able to aswell.

you can tell by looking at the back of the unit the 4 screws holding down the case will be covered (at least in australia anyway) so for example a friend of mines he has one that has orange covering the screws.

in truth the dicgarge problem does ot actually flatten the battery, it simply causede a false low battery reading. the unit is still fully functioning. (for example my unit) which flashes chaneg battery every now and then. but has not had the battery changed since well before i went to egypt.

it may be worth you speaking directly with Aeris international rather than your local distributor to get an answer. its a shame you've had this issue with your unit because the over welming majority have been very happy with theirs. hope everything gets sorted for you.

DD

BEUCHAT MUNDIAL VS SUUNTO D4 VS MARES NEMO APNEIST ?

Computers & Watches (subprof.com)

have a great offer 200eur for Beuchat (20% offer),and 237 eur for mares (30% offer).
Actually I ordered the BEUCHAT and I am waiting for the shipping.
It is a computer especially for freediving and with allot of extra function
if you compare it with the suunto D4 computer and nemo apneist.
Also it has the lowest price and it is the newest product.

I don’t know is pelagic brand is reliable?I am afraid because of F10 issues.
Or should I ordered the suunto D4 !
Or the apneist was a better deal?

Last edited:
Hi!
Can anyone give me a lnk to the Owner`s manual for Beuchat Mundial deep gauge? I`ve just bought one but without the manual and I find hard to operate it without instructions.
Thx!
My mail : dbonddental@yahoo.com

Hi!
I’m a beginner spearo and I’m planning to get Beuchat Mundial 3 as my first computer.
However, I cannot see manuals of it and it seems beuchat website is not selling it anymore.
Can anyone give advice if it is still worth it or should I go for its counterpart Oceanic F10 v3 which still has updatable firmware?

Thanks a lot!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT