• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

new boat...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Memo

Sep 1, 2003
Hi guys,
These are the pics of new boat that I was talking.

Attachments

• av_0002.jpg
    av_0002.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:
2nd piccy

thats a 5m aluminum boat with a 40hp 4 cylinder double carb'ed mariner magnum.

Attachments

• av_0003.jpg
    av_0003.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 413
some more...

Attachments

• 41760029.jpg
    41760029.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 384
Yes fuzz these are the sargos and parrots :) The waters are extremely clear at the correct season but at that time, due to a recent flood the vision was really poor..

I like aluminum. It weighs less so needs a smaller tow vehicle and a smaller outboard. If you punch a hole in it, it's easy to rivet in a patch instead of reglassing the thing. Some complain that it is noisier but I believe the trade-off is better for the metal . . . and it costs less, too!

Reactions: stevevidar
Hiya Memo

Nice Boat!!! Good to see that you're getting out and spearing some fish!!! :D :D

Regards
miles

Reactions: stevevidar
sweet rig Memo! that little fish far left - you eat them? I use to shoot dozens of them as a kid and use them for bait, they taste good?

now all your missing is the bow mounted .50cal :martial

Hiya will

We also get those fish in South Africa. Locally known as black tail (pretty obvious where it got its name from). A very difficult fish to shoot in False Bay. Further north they are much more plentiful and much easier to shoot. But nobody shoots them on our east coast. Considered a baitfish here.

miles

we used them as target practice - 1000's of the little buggers one every peir/dock in KSA. the philipino guys used to trade us fish for smokes back then (young and foolish as I was). seemed like a damn good deal to us.

Hi Will, The far left fish is the result of a target practice :eek: (but you know If you shoot something you have to eat it :D )

I'm completely agree with you old sarge, aluminum is a good boat material and because of the weight issue it performs great :D

Mies, guess what? I'm in city again! :( and I'm afraid there will be a mandatory 6 to 12 months break for me to quit spearing... :waterwork

we call them sargo and they are extremely tasty here, one of my favorite:p

Originally posted by Memo
Mies, guess what? I'm in city again! :( and I'm afraid there will be a mandatory 6 to 12 months break for me to quit spearing... :waterwork

I feel your pain.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT