• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New discovery of WWII wrecks in Libya

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

arebi

wrecks explorer
Oct 20, 2007
hi
for more than 16 years now i am searching for wrecks sites in Libya..
now i have my data record for a lot of wrecks, most of the wrecks are not identefaid yet!!
i am so close to identefy one of the HMS wreck, that we had discovered 9 years ago..
will keep you update soon

thanks for your time..:)
Arebi

Last edited:
Reactions: agbiv
hi
for more than 16 years now i am searching for wrecks sites in Libya..
now i have my data record for a lot of wrecks, most of the wrecks are not identefaid yet!!
i am so close to identefy one of the HMS wreck, that we had discovered 9 years ago..
will keep you update soon

thanks for your time..:)
Arebi

Hi Arebi
any information that you like to pass my way I would be happy to post it in the news. Our tech team here in the Emirates is diving the u-boat in Fujairah as well. They would be interested to hear of your discoveries.

Cheers
Sara

hi Sara
i would like to get in touch with the Tech team in Emirat..

thanks
Arebi

hi Sara
i would like to get in touch with the Tech team in Emirat..

thanks
Arebi

Sure! They are away in Philippines right now doing the Coron Wrecks, I will forward that email you sent to me to them :)

Hi everybody ,
Its nice join you guys , I`ve dived with Mr. Arebi over 250 times , I was fortunate to see some of the photo's of this wreck , they are amasing !

Hi everybody ,
Its nice join you guys , I`ve dived with Mr. Arebi over 250 times , I was fortunate to see some of the photo's of this wreck , they are amasing !

hey there
why dont post some here? There is a Technical Diving forum, i would love to see them.

hi sara

i am prepearing to post some photos soon.....please note that this photos are the 1st and only photos for the wreck since it went down..1941

Wow, I for one look forward to seeing some pics and reading about this adventure of yours. Did you explore the interior of the wreck at all? Perhaps you could give us some history on the wreck, how it went down, what happened to the crew and the weaponry onboard ect. That is if you know all that.
One more question, did you find any treasure down there :D Imagine what it would mean to a soldiers family if say he went down with that ship and you return his personal belongings to them...

Dear interisted
her is some photos of the discovered wreck

Attachments

• sub-photo 3.jpg
    sub-photo 3.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 439
Last edited:
good morrrrning buddy, max depth 70m, the report of the discovery story will coming soon....

WOW, Cheers for the pics man. I got your PM but there werent any photos attached I presume its the same as the ones show here. Awesome stuff man :)

Dear interisted
her is some photos of the discovered wreck

thats is incredible light and vis for that depth. I saw the video footage that Ali took on the u-533 at 110metres, it was pretty dark.

Dear Buddysssss

you can check the photos of the WWII submarine wreck that we discover and we are still work in it!!

this 2 photos taken by: Arebi shows the conning tower hatch and the enging hatch of the HMS U class submarin wreck in front of Tripoli - Libya..
more informations and details will be coming soon........

thanks
Arebi

Attachments

• submarin.jpg
    submarin.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT