• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

new diver

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Liesbeth

Jan 26, 2005
Hi everybody, I am new, new to this site and new to diving, I am currently following the course to become a one star diver and the examination both theory and practice are planned for February and March.
My name is Liesbeth and I live in Antwerp, Belgium, I am a late starter, born in 1952 so you can work it out for yourselves...
I have been reading lots of threads on this net and learned a lot.
My husband is a two star diver and we plan to go diving together all over Europe, we plan to start with a months holiday in Italy and check out the diving there, if I get through my exams that is, I am not overly confident about that, the theory isn't all that easy if you haven't studied for over xxxx-years.
Also I am not in the best of condition as fitness is concerned, need to work on that very hard too.
Still I think i will enjoy diving although a bit apprehensive for my first real dive but that is normal I think.
Greetings from Belgium,
Liesbeth

HI Liesbeth

welcome! You'll find lots of good people here and all the advice you need.

I admire anyone who braves the Belgian waters... brrrr

Welcome to Deeperblue!

Are you a freediver or a scuba diver?

Good luck

Lucia

Hi Liesbeth :)
Of course it will be fun, but far more fun in the Med than the North sea BRRRRR

Hey another antwerpian...allookes :)

Welcome to the best underwater-info-dump on the net (or whatever u wanna call it)...

The belgian waters are okay, just don't swallow any :)

salud Liesbeth
Bienvenue a notre forum
welcome to our site enjoy
eyal

Hi Ender, with which diving club do you dive?
Yes belgian and Dutch waters are OK, just a bit chilly in this time of the year!!!!
Liesbeth

Thanks to everybody for your warm welcome, it is nice to be in such a varied company, people from all over the worls, feels good!
Thanks again,
Liesbeth

Liesbeth said:
Hi Ender, with which diving club do you dive?
Yes belgian and Dutch waters are OK, just a bit chilly in this time of the year!!!!
Liesbeth

I'm not with a club.
I do very little sportsdiving in my own country, especially now since i'm doing a 1 year IDSA training which has 5 weeks of intensive divetraining in the summer included. But normally when I go recreational diving it's in the tropics :)

However in summetime once or twice I go North to the Oosterschelde with a friend and freedive there...it can be quite beautiful there and if u manage to catch one of the huge lobsters that live there you have enough food for a week :)

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT