• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Freedive Club! We Need Your Vote!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jliu89

Oct 1, 2002
Hello everyone.

Couple of friends here in Calgary . Alberta have started up a new Freedive club. We're gonna be setting up a website, along with printing up shirts and advertising. We need some way of having people recognizing our club, so I did up a logo. Now we need your help in voting on the logo that James Dahl and myself, Jonathan Liu, have designed.

Please take a look at the three selections below. Make a decision between one, two, and three.

Thanks to anyone who participated.

BTW, if you're looking for a new look for your club or organization, I do contract design work, web design and print design.

Attachments

• logo_06.jpg
    logo_06.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 382
My call #2

but I really like your old one on the fin blade too.

I'll be in calgary in a few weeks - would be nice to get to gether and have a pint and talk shop. no Apnea in Prince George. (jumpy lifegaurds are getting on my nerves)

Willer

Love too.

Please give me or James Dahl a heads up when you arrive. Bring yer mask!!!

Jon.

Were open to training anytime anywhere drop us a line when your here.

My vote goes for number 3.
Defenetly the nicest one.. just my opinion. ;)

Tuomo

Biased

I would rather see:
1. A diver who is not plugging his nose
2. A diver who is using a monofin!

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Eric,

Isn't he checking his depth gauge to confirm he is over 100M?
(as opposed to plugging his nose?) :)

I like the diver descending THROUGH the name but I'd make ALBERTAFREEDIVERS into two lines, in the same location.

#2 will also be more versitile in alot of different applications. It basically fits within a square.

I like the silhuoette. Very well done. I don't mind the hand to nose pose.

Nice work!

Tad

I like #2, and of course would like to se a monofin: it would distinguish the logo from a SCUBA logo....but hey, I don't live in Alta anymore, so maybe "I doth protest too loudly" ;)
Good luck guys, and I hope to come diving with you at some point in the future.
Erik Y.

Ken Hutchinson

Ken,

Send me an email: jliu89@shaw.ca

I train about 4 times a week. Usually in the pool. Drop me a note, your welcome to come out and train anytime.

Later .

Jon.

hey guys/gals, #2 works ,looks great sign me up for two shirts i,ll pick,em up when i,m down for course in nov. Stu Newton,fort mac .

Stu

When are you comin down to do some training with us? lol

I know its a long and far drive, but, its worth it. You'll get to train with some really great guys. No girls yet! Shit.

Later...

Reactions: Pekka
hey guys/gals, #2 works ,looks great sign me up for two shirts i,ll pick,em up when i,m down for course in nov. Stu Newton,fort mac .

Reactions: Pekka
hmmm, not sure why that last message went thru twice......,jliu the lear -jet is in the shop this week can,t make it(heh-heh) hopefully will hook up sooner than later, looking forward to diving with you guys. ciao,Stu Newton.

#2, and dont worry about the mono...the lack of tanks distinguishes it from a scuba logo, a monofin and breast, however, and you would have a mermaid!:D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT