• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Freediving Computer to be unveiled at DEMA 08

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
Hello everyone,

We've just heard that Aeris are launching a new Freediving/Scuba computer at DEMA 2008 called the F.10

Take a look at the following link: Divenewswire

We're going to be doing a feature on it but in the meantime i'd love to hear people's thoughts.

Wow, the product description looks good! And user replaceable battery makes it immediately my favorite next computer over D4!

Name is close to the old Liquivision F1 ! :hmm

F.10 vs. F1

Funny, that.

Otherwise, sounds like a nice alternative to the Suunto family.

No listing on manufacturer's website, though. Or did I miss something?

I thought this watch was to have a 3 times per second sampling rate. I'm anxious to see what it can do though. I know Martin said he had a few concerns that he brought up to them, but I don't know if those items were addressed. I like the interval and depth alarms, I just don't know much about how they can be set up on this watch though.

I've been waiting since I heard about this watch in April. I need a better freediving watch than my Suunto D6.

I am looking forward to it too. Would be perfect if it was not as expensive as D4, but rather somewhere where D3 was. That would make it unbeatable, and Suunto could shove their D4. With all the advantages the Aeris seems to have, I'd wonder who would then still buy Suunto.

My guess is it will be about where the Geo was. Hopefully they don't que off the D4 in price.

I actually heard that the price will be around the "geo" price range. This is because it is just for freediving, which cuts the price. I've seen it in all black, looks sweet.

I actually heard that the price will be around the "geo" price range. This is because it is just for freediving, which cuts the price. I've seen it in all black, looks sweet.

I understood that it was to be freedive only as well. I just re-read the Dive News Wire and it appears to read the same. Freedive only, no scuba mode.

Hi Guys

been a little while since i've posted have been away with work and diving (finally).

i had the privalige of having an early ample of this computer sent to me from Oceanic (same as the Aeris computer) for testing almost 5 months ago.

gladf to report it kicked the ass of my D3. has everything i need it to have, however i did recomend a couple of changes before production which as far as i have been told have made it into the final version.

i'm still using the early sample and it hasnt had a glitch or failure yet.

give all of the usual D3 function plus a visual and audible alarm like the GEO as well as 3 depth alarms e.g 20m , 35m, 47m. serface time inteval alarm which i find VERY useful and a lot of other handy features.

i know almost for certain this computer will retail at or below the price of the current GEO computer so no more rediculous prices E.G D4. anyway gota shoot off just thought i'd give my 2c worth.

DD

DEMA started yesterday, so I wonder if we hear more soon about it from Stephan in Las Vegas. Or perhaps he is too busy with all those bar dancers :D

I just visited again the website of Aeris, and see they added new products introduced now on the DEMA. However, there is no F.10 computer - just a new scuba/freediving computer called Manta. Is it the one described here in this thread? I had the impression that the F.10 is freediving only, with no scuba functions.

The Manta is equal to the Geo from Oceanic, so i think the new Freediving only computer is not yet implemented on their website.

Christophe

20081025_DEMA_0015.jpg

20081025_DEMA_0017.jpg

20081025_DEMA_0018.jpg

20081025_DEMA_0020.jpg

look for a post from the DEMA team/Papa Smurf soon - i was there in vegas so i know it was written up already - and yes trux, Papa smurf has been very very busy in the evenings - but no bar dancers to report of - just dueling piano bar twins! rofl

it was great to see Martin Stepanek and Nikki at the Aeris/Oceanic booth - Martin is the spokespeople for the new F.10.

the aeris F.10 looks very kewl :cool: but the real test will be in water for everyone.

cheers,

kp

Last edited:
Looks prommessing!

Many great features.
One I like is the depth activated back light function, especially in the dark waters arround here.

The design looks stirdy too, with a big display.
And the user replaceble battery is nice, especially with all those alarm, light and recording functions that can use up your battery power quickly.
I hope the dives are logged into memory that retains the information upon batery replacement.

Where is the led placed?

I hope and expect the alarms to be loud enough to hear it on my outstretched arms through my hood in the deep. For A moment I got the impresstion there will be different alarm tunes? - Nah must be TOO good!
I hope the PC interface is affordable too, not just a way to raise big profit.

This instrument has the potential to become the Freedivers' favourite, I'm exited.

Kars

Yep, memory is kept when battery is changed, its called hot swap and is the same as the other computers in the Aeris Oceanic line up. LE is mounted on the left hand side between the 2 buttons. know only one tone but continious or single beeps are available and can be turned off early by pressing a button. i've been able to here the alarms go off while desending a line but cant vouch for it at depth (havent been past 30m with it yet).

computer down load kit will probably be the same price as the others for Aeris and Oceanic so not particularly expensive.

DD

Hello everyone - Doug Krause, Oceanic/AERIS marketing manager. Great to see so much interest here. We're working hard to have the watch available in time for the holidays. Looks like I found a great place to look for beta testers... I'll keep you posted. I'm looking forward to reading deeperblue's DEMA coverage - and will be glad to answer any additional questions.

Reactions: Kars and ILDiver
Looks a great bit of kit, glad i still haven't got a watch (my wife was going to buy me a D4) glad she didn't now....

Anyone just bought a D4? Oh dear!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT