• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New freediving flick - looks like a MUST SEE!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
cool cool. This looks like a more hip modern version of a movie i used to love back in the day called The Deep!

Aparently it's a remake of that very film from '77. Did 'Deep' include freediving?

oh is it? nope..not at all. I just liked it cause it was made about bermuda. had a lot of big names in it too. Ive been to the wreck that it was modelled after, but i have yet to find an opium ampule.. really want one though.

Hey Drunkinbda
I have been diving on the ship they used in the original Deep movie which is located off Salt Island in the BVI's. It's the wreck of the H.M.S. Rhome. It actually sunk in the late 1800 during a storm with great loss of life. Its about a 300 foot ship which is broken up in sections, with a spectacular 100 foot section of the bow intact. The bow is only in 80' feet of water and the section of the stern comes within about 20' of the surface. Great place for freediving.

wow...thats cool. i never knew whether the actual wreck in the movie was in bda or elsewhere. I assume bvi is the british virgin islands? i'm def gonna have to make a trip down there to dive it, then i can say ive dove(dived, diven..lol) both the real wreck and the wreck that was portrayed. How hard is it to get at (rent a boat, go with charter, etc)? Vis good?

This may seem like a stupid question, but does one have to pay a fine for having his/her boat sunk?

I'm going to buy a piece of crap that barely floats. Outboard it to a nice spot and pull the plug.

We need more reefs, right?

Yeah.. Not a bad idea SW, just insure it to the top before pulling that plug. But you have to be real good to outsmart the insurance company and the investigators that it wasn't your fault. And that you'd be able to do only if you don't end up in concrete boots by your own boat, cuz the guys who usually do that stuf won't be very happy with a new guy in the business...
Which reminds me abourt a case when a moron bought a shipload of cheap charcoal and insured it, besides the ship and then waited for the weather to get stormy to sink it... Anyway, everything went great until the ship sunk to sum point and... stopped. Cause the charcoal usually floats big time. Anyway... The ship was svaed, along with the charcoal and the guy had to pay HUGE for the salvage operation. Oh, and he ended up in jail of course...

Seriously though, you can't just sink your ship cause you'll be sued for eco crime. But you may contact certain eco organizations or research institutes who are sinking vessels to create artifitial coral reefs...

I'll just tell'em I used the boat to ram a small whaling vessel. Damned hippies. I'll countersue thier patchouli-insence-burning asses for hugging underaged trees without consent.

Reactions: roy_nexus_6
Sink I can't wait to meet you!!! :) What day is visiting day at the mental hospital? :) :) :)

Hey Drunk They used the wreck of the Rhome because of the spectacular view and easy access in the shallow water. They run dive trips out of the main island of Tortolla in the British Virgin Islands. The main bow section is really huge and you can swim side by side through it. There is also a 400 pound jewfish that is usally under the bow. About a $60-$65 dive 30minute boat ride

Another good wreck in the area is the wreck of the Jacuzan. About a 350' refrigeration ship which was set on fire in a insurance scram by the ships owner. It burned for three days and drifted straight for the BVI's and was threatening to ground itself on their shores. The BVI's towed the ship away with a tug until the cable snapped and took off the leg of one of the ship hands on the tug. It drifted for one more day and finally sank. That wreck is choked with life, sharks, rays, eels, cobia, groupers and large schools of fish.

haha..sinky..you catch dallas's last paragraph?? lol.
oh yeah..not that it needs to be mentioned..but make sure you are within swimming distance of land..hehe.
If you dont insure it then i dont know how people will know..unless they watch you do it!!!
oh..as for ramming the eco-boat... why not get a friend in another cheap as lil boat to be the "eco-boat".. then you can sink two for the trouble of one ;)

Sink I can't wait to meet you!!! :) What day is visiting day at the mental hospital? :) :) :)
I'll try to pencil you in...

Actually they only let me use crayons here at St. Wingding's Home for the Special.

then you can sink two for the trouble of one ;)
That's my boy.

As for the movie..... Ummm.

Why

Looks like a real stinker. That main character guy tends to drag "The Fast and the Furious"-type-crap movies around with him.

Jeesh. I had a sigh of relief when the trailer failed to download.

Something tells me that the original title they scratched was "The Gassed and Delirious"

Last edited:
sinkweight said:
I'll countersue thier patchouli-insence-burning asses for hugging underaged trees without consent.

LOL
That was a great one... I'd represent you pro bono, man! Or Medicare covers that stuff too!?

Waaay off topic...

:hmm I'm glad Mehgan helped with it. Not sure if I'll like the rest of it though.

sinkweight said:
This may seem like a stupid question, but does one have to pay a fine for having his/her boat sunk?

I'm going to buy a piece of crap that barely floats. Outboard it to a nice spot and pull the plug.

We need more reefs, right?
:) There was a thread here about some arteficial reefs of some way... Forgot the term they used, if you're really interested in checking that option.

looks like Megan-Heiny Grier was Jessicas stunt double for the freediving

CRAP????? What are you guys talking about? It probably won't get an academy award but with the obvious plus's, i.e. Freediving, Jessica Alba in a bikini, a tropical paradise, looks like 2 hours of entertainment to me. Did I mention, Jessica Alba in a bikini? How about Jessica Alba in a bikini? I know I probably mentioned it already, but did you guys know that it has JESSICA ALBA in a BIKINI? :cool:

P.S. It is Mehgan Heaney-Grier who stunt doubles for Jessica Alba (who we see in a bikini) and Ashley Scott (The other HOTTIE in a bikini).

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT