• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New from Okinawa

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

onnadiver

Aug 1, 2007
Hi all, I am new to spearfishing with spearguns in fact I don't have a gun yet it's on its way here (currently in the mail). I've been using a Hawaiian sling for too many years although I have tried spearguns in the past, I've never been patient enough too learn too use them correctly. Recently I've been hunting with a professional and he assures me that I can master it with a little practice. I unlike him, eat what I catch and enjoy the time it takes to bag them. Since he speaks Japanese and I speak english I figure I better reach out and learn as much as I can and so I found my way here. I've learn a lot already just by the posts I've read and I thank you all for sharing what you know. Aloha

Hajimete OnnaDiver, welcome. Lucky you- Okinawa is such a beautiful place. I had the pleasure of living there back in '94. Used to dive with the Chart diving club in Kin cho.

Ganbatte! Koketsu ni irazunba koji ezu.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…