• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Greek Dynamic Record

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The Aida Hellas pool championship was held on Sunday, May 20th. All three events in one session; first top for STA at 10:00, for DYN at 11:50 and for DNF around 13:30.

Actually, the previous Greek DYN record was 203m by the legendary Manolis Giankos. He made it in Egypt in 2008 when Greece lost the gold medal in the team world championship in the last dive due to a technical error in a conservative and safe dive.

The dive was much harder than the training dives due to the anxiety over the record, hence the samba at the end :eek:. Here is the video:

206m DYN: [ame="http://youtu.be/QmYlwwX4suU"]http://youtu.be/QmYlwwX4suU[/ame]

many thanks to my buddies George Gouzoulis, Dimi Maroulakis and to my coach, Kathryn Nevatt :thankyou

Reactions: Simos and Kars
I didn't see any Samba :) Well done Ari, amazing dive! Congrats

Aris worked hard this year and made big steps forward. I am sure that he will move the limits further.

Well done Aris!! :friday

Reactions: aris ioannidis
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT