• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Gun!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

irtrogdor

Oct 27, 2007
Pictures first:

Picasa Web Albums - Ian - Bluewater Gun...

Its a custom built 130 cm with enclosed track, alexander mech, and riffe reel. It weighs about 20 pounds (ballasted). The only reason I could ever afford this weapon is because a senior diver in the area had to move north and some of his gear had to go. I got the gun, reel, line, kitto slip tip, extra spear (bent), and bands (oldish) for (take a deep breath)

$450!!!

I practically robbed the man! I tallied it up and he ended up selling it for about $300 less than that the parts to make it cost. Not to mention the months of work it took. I'm really sorry that he has to go, but i'm very happy with my new weapon. He says that it has a range of about 20' as it is set up now.

If any of you saw my other thread you'd know that I was in the market for a 130cm rob allen, but it really wasn't working out. God provided!

(if anybody wants another picture, I can do that)

That is some tree trunk! Hope to see some pictures of some LARGE fish soon here! Good buy!

Reactions: foxfish
Question - how many bands can you load onto this kind of gun before loosing accuracy? (enclosed track, high mass)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT