• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

new guy from the dark continent.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Mactiger - this is the intro forum - tell us a little bit about yourself!

Hi, Papa Smurf & all
i work in a dive shop that is primarily aimed at spearfishing, underwater hockey and scuba diving. I get all sort of questions from our divers all over the world and thought that Deeper Blue would be a neat forum to share experiences and get some opinions about the underwater world.
cheers

Hi, all,
anybody got any preference in laytex power bands?

Hey Mactiger! Welcome aboard. [emoji4]

I, and many with me say Primeline 14mm (that’d be 9/16 inch in that weird system you’re using in the states) are the dogs bollocks! I think both Spearamerica as well as Mako Spearfishing are also the same Primeline rubbers.

Cheers SubSub
thanks for the reply
RA makes a gun here that is 2 x 14mm rubbers and is very popular. Over here in the dark continent, we rely on local distributors to import ... we rarely go direct to the factory source. There are so many variations in rubber . . . cheers btw we do shoot BIG FISH here..

Had to google what dark continent means. Do you mean Africa, and South Africa by referring to RA? On the other hand, your profile read Massachusetts so am I the only one confused?

Had to google what dark continent means. Do you mean Africa, and South Africa by referring to RA? On the other hand, your profile read Massachusetts so am I the only one confused?

Nope. I’m a bit curious of that “dark continent” too...

Hi SubSub and prospector, sorry for the geographic confusion. SA and RA are both correct. (We shoot big fish here, I thought was a good clue)!
I was born in Massachusetts and started spearing there at the age of 12 with a home made spear - a piece of 5mm (1/4") wire filed to a point and bent for a handle. Now in SA
IMG-20180705-WA0014[1].jpg

some good sites around Knysna. very very popular local holiday town. The Knysna Heads produce a text book like rip current; The Knysna Lagoon is so vast that there is a 45 min difference in tide times from the front to the back of the lagoon. And of course, there is Mitchell's Brewery. Enjoy

Reactions: CharlieTZ
right on Roro! they used to be seen in the water (clogged with debris) under the wharf leading to Tapa's. I f you can tear yourself away from the water, take cruise and visit Feather Bed Nature Reserve where you can see them and other marine creatures in aquariums.

Mactiger, I am planning on coming to Knysna during the next school holidays in search of the Knysna seahorse. For everyone else, Feather bed Nature Reserve is a must, when visiting Knysna.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT