• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

new guy just sayin hi

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

TURBANATOR

Jul 18, 2007
Hey everyone just wanted to introduce myself.. Im in san diego and trying to find some dive buddys so hit me up if your interested.

late

I'm getting into the sport after 4 years now that i'm back in the OC so if your ever up this way and want to do a shore dive PM me.

Alrite man sounds good my brother just moved up tords that area so ill be visiting up there often ill hit you up. what kinda gear setup do you have?

Alrite man sounds good my brother just moved up tords that area so ill be visiting up there often ill hit you up. what kinda gear setup do you have?

Well I had used a JBJ with no real or float hookup a long time ago and still use that. Speared a couple of small fish, but nothing worth even mentioning. A buddy gave me his prize AB Biller gun a while ago when he moved to AZ. The AB needs one of those clamps that holds the line and new bands. I think I'll try and find a reel for it so I won't have to buy a float. Not sure how big it is, but it holds 3 bands and is pretty long. I just got a new 5mm wetsuit and all I need now is some good fins and a knife.

I had been diving in a local pool at night after work with weights to improve my breath hold and got all the way up to 1:30 without fins just going across on the bottom of the pool. Friday morning I was a little sore and was getting ready for work. Went to tie my shoes and felt something weird in my back. 3 min later I couldn't move!! It was pretty scary, but the doctor said I tore a muscle in my back and won't be able to bend my back for a week while it heals and it will take several weeks to get back to normal afterward. I figure all those laps with weights on strained my back and I just pulled it the wrong way and it tore. Sucks because I was really looking forward to diving Friday night and all day Sunday morning! Even if I didn't shoot anything I was ready to test out the new wetsuit.

If you up in OC around Mid-Aug.let me know..

im leaving for catalina on the 11th so ill be up towrds that area all pm you about it later. ya man sorry about your back i fractured my back in 3 spots a few summers ago so i feel your pain. what kind of wetsuite is it? i just ordered the omer muta green 5mm it should come in soon.

well good luck with the back hopefully it heals soon. Matt

im leaving for catalina on the 11th so ill be up towrds that area all pm you about it later. ya man sorry about your back i fractured my back in 3 spots a few summers ago so i feel your pain. what kind of wetsuite is it? i just ordered the omer muta green 5mm it should come in soon.

well good luck with the back hopefully it heals soon. Matt

It's a "KelpKamo" suit. A few of the local divers use them and raved about them so for $275 to my door I thought I would give it a try. Standard Farmer john with a hood and patch on the chest for loading your gun. The material is very stretchy and the fit is nice. Outside of spending twice as much on a custom suit this is probably the next best thing. I got the 5mm so I can use it all year it's pretty warm for a 5mm.

Hopefully in a few weeks I will actually get a chance to dive with it!

Here is a link

Product Detail

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT