• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New here. What is your favorite diving site?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
May 27, 2020
Hi there I am from Taiwan, a newbie here, been doing freediving for years, just wondering anyone here been to Taiwan before?
I have been to a lot of famous diving places like Palau, Maldives, Philippines, Indonesia....etc., I can proudly tell you that many small islands in Taiwan can be compared to those worldwide famous diving sites!
I personally think that the highlight of Taiwan would be the super clear water (in Green Island) and sea turtles (in Liuchiu. 100% chance of meeting sea turtles swimming nearby).
Feeling lucky to born here. :love:
Please share with me where you live and your favorite diving sites, would love to hear your story!

DSC_3679.jpg
S__129957892.jpg

Hi there I am from Taiwan, a newbie here, been doing freediving for years, just wondering anyone here been to Taiwan before?
I have been to a lot of famous diving places like Palau, Maldives, Philippines, Indonesia....etc., I can proudly tell you that many small islands in Taiwan can be compared to those worldwide famous diving sites!
I personally think that the highlight of Taiwan would be the super clear water (in Green Island) and sea turtles (in Liuchiu. 100% chance of meeting sea turtles swimming nearby).
Feeling lucky to born here. :love:
Please share with me where you live and your favorite diving sites, would love to hear your story!

Hi IG, my favorite diving sites are opposite a 'wild beach' in the center of Hurghada, Egypt, an ideal training spot for freediving, and in Makadi Bay, a place full of beautiful life coral reefs and bottomless depth. You can find pictures and more info on Freedive Hurghada and Freediving Hurghada.

Freediving-in-Hurghada-1.jpg
Greetings,
David

I see what you did there, Marketing Man! :D

My favorite spot is the one right over the hill here. It feels like my backyard. I go there so often that I know the locals by name. Hank the Octopus, Billy the Grouper, a slipper lobster called Mr Shovels... I sense when something has changed, like when someone has been fishing there and I care deeply about the area and try my hardest to protect and improve it.

It's also a place where the land is full of remains from Minoan settlements. It feels special, knowing that life over here was pretty much the same 2500 years ago.

Yup, right there!

'Minoan settlements' should give a good enough hint. One idea about a beautiful spot is to keep it a beautiful spot. GPS coordinates don't do that. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Freedive Hurghada
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT