• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New job, New Home

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
Just to let you all know that we're moving to Cornwall.... yippee! No more annoying neighbours, no more city life and most importantly no more sitting around in airports half my life.... new life starts 1st May.

Going to be working at University College, Falmouth and living out in the sticks, within the sound of the Manacles Buoy so if anyone wants to come and stay and dive/freedive some of the most dramatic coastline in Europe - you are more than welcome and the cottage has a couple of spare rooms (as well as a huge, private garden with big barbecue, massive shed for the kit and wood burning stove to huddle around afterwards!)

This ALL happened in the last 3 days and I've only just given notice to PADI (another side effect, I will be able to teach PADI again - who wants to become an instructor???) so I'm still shaking.....

SaltFree - will be fine. I get weekends off, which I don't at the moment so SaltFree lives on, maybe better than before. We just need to buy a tent!

see you soon

S
xxx

PS oh yeah, you can get broadband down there too so I won't be disappearing of DB either..... : )

Last edited:
Reactions: island_sands
Way to go Sam :D

Best of luck in your new home, life and job

D xxx

Good one Sam, its always nice to hear of somebody who has managed to escape from the city.
Good luck for the future
Paul.

weel done sam congrats what does the new job entail still dive related ?

Congratulations Sam,

Sounds like the nearest thing to paradise....:inlove

Do we need to bring our own travel cot and baby stuff....

See you soon,
David & Beth (& William)

decided to go for the proper job (proper money) option and keep the diving for the weekends (at least I will now have TIME to dive!)

I am going to work in marketing for University College, Falmouth.

Mr Crocs is coming too - he's not sure yet exactly what he will be up to but has a few ideas

My brother lives almost next door lammy, he has baby stuff....!!

seriously, we would love to have a few mates around in the summer so you're more than welcome - and the diving is ace!

S

Well done. Sounds like it has been a busy few days! Time for more diving and being based in Cornwall sounds very good.

Hey Hey! Big BBQ area and a field to fall asleep in! Sounds like you have fallen onto your feet :friday

Where's the elf when you need to plan a party??

Back in May.

Reactions: laura storm
Don't mention the Elf and Crocs in one thread or I'm in trouble with my red toe nails again!

All the best Sam, you'll be needing a speargun now I think ;)

Reactions: laura storm
aha.. yes a speargun indeed
a) I will be living less than a mile from a good spot
b) I won't be working for an organisation that really wasn't that keen on spearfishing..... : )

Bryn - when are you coming to stay to give me a lesson???? lots of room for tents in the garden (and proper room in the house)

Congrats and all the best! :) Any chance there's a job for geek anywhere near?

Hot Damn! I've obviously been spending waaaaaaaaaay too much time in the underworld ... or on the vodka (shhhhhh, don't tell that storm girl rofl )
I missed this ... when's the party then? And red toenails, crocs, togas ....
oooooooh, ahhhhhhhhh ....
Twinkle toes rock!

You guys do it to me everytime.
x

Reactions: Pastor
See! I told you this would happen :waterwork

Are those Cornwall boys helping you out yet Sam?

No no, the elf has a feather fetish too! Must dump the boa or I'm doomed :chatup

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT