• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New member from Greece and this is my spearfishing youtube channel

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

AndrianBLUE

Jul 23, 2020
Hi guys!
I am new member from Greece. My name is Dimitris.
This is my spearfishing youtube channel which I started not too long ago.
AndrianBLUE Youtube Channel
Spearfishing has become a great passion in my life.
I mainly spearfish using the ambush technique.
I also do some static training to increase my bottom time. I recently tried some dynamic apnea in the pool but only surface bi finning cause I didn't have proper weight to maintain immersion. I really enjoyed it too and I am thinking of looking for any group here in my town that do dynamic apnea training in the pool and join.
So that's me!
Dive safe!

Thanks guys!
I have dived up to ~22m so far. I feel I can go deeper but at the moment I don't have a dive buddy that does go deeper than that so I don't risk to have a bad situation.
I don't enjoy spearfishing in caves with a torch. I don't even have a torch with me in the water. I really enjoy the ambush technique and having nice shots on open water.
The town I live in Greece is Thessaloniki and the area I spearfish at Chalkidiki which is an area that has been overfished a lot and it is really tough to find fish, especially with the ambush technique.
But the passion for the sea and spearfishing keeps me motivated even when I have spearfishing days that I won't pull the trigger once cause I won't find any decent fish.

Don't dive deep for our benefit. There is no need to push it. I've enjoying videos by Dawid PescaSubmarina recently. He usually dives from shore and often spears good fish very close to shore in shallow water, sometimes very shallow, less than 2m.

I suspect he fishes at the edge of a sharp, deep drop off, as he often catches big fish.

Reactions: AndrianBLUE
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT