• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New OLED oximeter and spirometer

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

efattah

Mar 2, 2001
Liquivision is now carrying an incredible OLED fingertip oximeter for only $99. Extremely useful for training:
Liquivision : Freediving : Oximeter

Also available is the industry standard Carefusion Micro spirometer, an indispensable tool for training and performance:
Liquivision : Freediving : Spirometer

You can now do one-stop shopping at the webstore, and get your fluid goggles, trygons nose clip, oximeter, spirometer, and Xen computer all in the same place and save on shipping.

Reactions: Don Paul
Specifically - I have the oximeter. These are truly excellent. i use mine with Pranayama.

Damn, I was hoping for a water resistant/proof version. I don't suppose anyone knows of some good options there?

You bet? I've walked through the specs and see no difference but the price itself... And besides that how can I use that to improve my actuall training?

The specs don´t tell you everything. After my oximeter died I bought a cheap one (40 euro) which shows the saturation and heartbeat just fine (although a few seconds to slow for my taste). But updating the measurements takes a very long time which makes the device a waste of money when you use it during freedive training.

I don´t need it to be an OLED version but the fact that someone like Eric Fattah recommends this model is good enough for me to want this one. It´s a pitty the transportation cost is so high.

You bet? I've walked through the specs and see no difference but the price itself... And besides that how can I use that to improve my actuall training?

If you read our website, it describes in detail how you can use it to improve your training. And by the way, when you buy stuff off ebay you get no customer support and no warranty. But you are welcome to.

We selected this particular oximeter because it tracked a $6000 Masimo Radical oximeter very closely, unlike most fingertip oximeters which showed enormous errors despite claims in their specifications.

Eric, thanks for your answer. As you said, the margin of error it's critical to gain advantage with that fast samples we're dealing with during an static for example.
But I'm still curious after reading "how to use oxymeter to improve your training":

1) How can I know such a "target level of hypoxia" must be? Is this a trial by error approach in the beginning?
2) Let's figure out I'm doing a 4' static and my SpO2 at the end is 60%... Is there a formula to know a probably PB based on that performance?
3) How can I know my lowest hypoxia tolerance level without actually having a BO?

Very interesting training tool but some questions comes to mind...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…