• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

new project: 105 mid handle

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sjurba

Feb 9, 2010
Came over some thin strips of oak the other day,and that got me going on a new gun,So just to up the pressure on myself I figured I was gonna post before finishing...

Attachments

• IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0171.jpg
    IMG_0171.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 297
here I have glued the slats together and routed out the spear "guide" I used westsystem epoxy to laminate the pieces.

Attachments

• IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0185.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Look like you've got a fair bit of shaping to do there!
Best of luck and keep us updated.

got a bit more done.

Attachments

• IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 301
Can't wait to see the outcome.

Bet it feels so much better using a gun that you've actually made yourself.

Im seriously infected by DIY desease,and building guns is a nice thing to do to make the long winter a bit shorter.Got abit more done over the weekend,between prickling tomatoes and pruning the appletrees.

Attachments

• IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 287
well all of a sudden the vinter was over and Im buissier than ever with puning and threesurgery,but I managed to get abit further last week.
Im having doubts about making it a twin band though,just have a feeling it would look nicer as a singleband.

Attachments

• IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 268
Thats the great thing about gun building. Some things you try work, some don't. Finish this gun as a twin band then make the next a single, because there WILL be a next one. Its addicive. What you've achieved so far looks great.

thanks,well see how it goes... And yes there defenetly will be another one ;)

cheers,Anders! Weather was foul on friday so I skipped work and went to play in the workshop instead,Its starting to take shape now.Having a bit of a puzzle on how to make a safetycatch,might leave it out like on the last one though...

Attachments

• IMG_0235.jpg
    IMG_0235.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 290
The gun looks great so far. I especially like the shape of the muzzle.

Wish I had taken a couple of classes in carpentry in my younger years...

Di Au

Never too late to start whitlin. ;)
The triggermech is called Njord, I think its a picasso trigger.Bought it on diveshop.gr, it looks well made and solid

hey is it possible to get plans and sketches(if they are even available) for your speargun or any other if is this even possible to get anywhere.. Becouse i want to build it too..

Thanks for help!

This has been asked before but I dont think anyone knows of any plans available, however there are some very detailed threads on this forum.

No plans,I working completely by feel ;) Got a bit of progress,working on the carvings on the sides,got one side done,then got my finger good with the whittling knife,so now Im sporting a nice big plaster...
Our computer fried the other day,so I put up some progress pictures once I figure out how to do it on my dads.

Ahh! Progress! Got a bit of quality time in my stephfathers workshop the other day and now my fishpoker is starting to take shape :)

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 295
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 274
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 274
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT