• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Rabitech Apex Spearguns

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

miles

BORN WILD!!!
Supporter
Jun 13, 2003
Rabitech has produced a new range for Bluewater Hunters.

The "Apex" range is made of extra heavy- duty grips, with solid s/steel components and casing made from glass filled nylon. They will be one of, if not the strongest grips on the market. Also the barrels will change (only for the APEX range) from an inner wall thickness of 1.5mm to 2mm on the carbon barrells. Also colour of barrels will be black and not grey. Same rail system will be used. The sear is solid stainless steel as opposed to the moulded metal sear of the "stealth" range.

Ordered mine yesterday. Will be collecting it today and hopefully try it out on Saturday. Will report back on the performance.:D

Attachments

• apex.jpg
    apex.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 935
Reactions: donmoore and Murat
That seems like a great gun, but of course we are all waiting th review!

ps: how much did you pay for it?

Woooo !
I like the carbon barrel !

Very different from the classical euro production...

@+
Jeff

Nice

Anyone know who has these guns in the US? I'd like to see how much dinero.

Hiya

Memo, sorry for the late reply. Had miserable weather last weekend. Gale force North Wester and cold (11/12degrees) water. Still dived though. Nothing worthwile to be shot. Looks better this weekend. Cost wise, well it will be a little more expensive than the normal stealth range. I paid a little more than the stealth range and because i've been supporting rabitech for a while now, i even got a 6.5mm stainless steel spear thrown into the bargain:D

When i collected my gun, they were busy with an export order. Didn't ask where they were destined to go. Best bet would be to ask your local dealer.

Other than that, the gun looks awesome. Grip is slightly thinner than the stealth range and the loadind pad at the back of the handle is not removable. Feels very comfortable in my hand. The safety is situated on the top of the handle(like the beuchat guns). Pratley steeled mine in the fire position

Will hopefully have a report on monday

Apex Shipment

If any of you guys are interested in getting Pricing on Apex's, in the US market, please email this guy:

Russell@sumora.com they are in the process of bringing in a shipment.

In terms of the trigger mechanism, here are the specs and propaganda:

Specifications on the APEX grip:
a.) Body and cassette made from glass-filled Nylon (very strong).
b.) All metal components made from solid Stainless Steel.
c.) Safety works from a cam from the sear and not from a cam locating on the spear.
d.) Very strong floatline attachment at bottom of handle.
e.) Moulded in loading butt.
f.) Simple design for ultimate reliability.

Attachments

• rab1.jpg
    rab1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 777
Bands

The guns can come standard with single or dubble 20ml rubber. I think it is the standard after burner rubber that Rob Allen guns use.

If you want, you can specify the poundage, and if you are lucky, they might custom make some bands for you?

Miles!
Been waiting for your report. Glad to hear the export order is ready. It is going to Russell in Cali. Rolando, looks like there are some more rabitech brotheren at this forum. They won't put the double 16mm on anything smaller than the 130 from what I know. Maybe Russell will rig them differently. We speak daily, so I will ask his plan. The single 20mm is great and should give you plenty of power and range with the standard single wrap. Not sure about the pricing, but it should still come out below RA.
Rat, your piccy got me drooling. I don't have one yet, but I know it is coming if Miles saw the order. HOW CAN I SLEEP UNTIL I DO?

Sounds great, but I really dislike that orange color... :(

Of course I'll buy it to play with, but I swear first thing I do is dye those grips & clip. ;)

Rabideath finally posted

Hey Rabideath good to finally see a post from you here;) Welcome to the forum and you can bet that when them new Rabis arrive I'm a gonna geta uno.

This will add to my South African Gun arsenal. Any group that spears with whities in the water deserve to have spearguns purchased from them.

we want more pictures!! can you please send more pictures??? the close picture of handle? barrel? rail??

thank you for the quick response :) I appriciate it very much :D

Welcome Rabideath....
Did you said double 20mm bands as standart or i got it wrong?

And i read that barell will 2mm thick. What about trigger mech? Is it stainless stell completely or has plastic parst in it. If Rabitech did the closed mech from stainless stell like american triggers that will be great for many of the speros whoe complaining about crispy euro mechs...

And can you post the pic of rail too if you have? Preferably with shaft on it to see the how deep it is;)

Bye...

I think the rubber is a double looking single 20mm. In the second and 3rd picture I can see the rubber circling around the muzzle.

Can you also post a picture of handle taken from top?

yeah I know we want many things :D :D

Will forward on your questions ...

I will see what I can do and will forward on your requests to the appropriate people. Stay tuned.

Originally posted by Murat
Welcome Rabideath....
Did you said double 20mm bands as standart or i got it wrong?

And i read that barell will 2mm thick. What about trigger mech? Is it stainless stell completely or has plastic parst in it. If Rabitech did the closed mech from stainless stell like american triggers that will be great for many of the speros whoe complaining about crispy euro mechs...

And can you post the pic of rail too if you have? Preferably with shaft on it to see the how deep it is;)

Bye...

Murat, I think the main problem with load-strength of Euro-guns is caused by design. Have you noticed the half-moon notch of the spear end in Euros contrasted with the right-angled back ends of Riffes,Wongs, etc. ? The right angled notch is indicative of a different style of mechanism that allows for a higher load placement. The mechanism for Euros is a lot smoother, but is basically held by a less-secure means, sacrificing load strength.

This all makes sense since the narrow cross-section & light weight of a euro is designed for mobility & speed. Overload it with bands & you take away it's primary advantage & introduce a large factor of recoil that it doesn't have the mass to handle well.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT