• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Record?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Erik

Jan 21, 2001
I just saw how a Croation diver supposedly set a new record under ice. An amazing acomplishment in itself, but how can this be called a record if he blacked out and stopped breathing? I'm pretty sure that for this to be a record, the diver would have had to return to the surface safely, breathing, and able to take care of himself.Am I missing some info? Thanks, Erik

Erik,

Your right - strictly it brings up the question of whether it is a record - but we are investigating.

The Freediver in question is a member of AIDA so we hope to get a confirmation from them and the Freediver himself on what exactly happened and who supervised the dive.

In my mind it brings up the question of having multiple certifying and judging agencies - as we find we get several people claiming to have world records. The spin on this one is being entered into the Guiness Book of Records!

We'll be keeping an eye on it and reporting back...

------------------
Stephan Whelan
Publisher/Director

Deeper Blue [ http://www.deeperblue.net ]
The Online Resource for the Underwater World

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT