• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Riffe, compelled to write a review..

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Beejoir

Jan 27, 2013
I've not posted much here before though I've been a visitor for a while now...

After 3 years of spear fishing with a snotty 100cm no brand gun with a spear thick enough to sink the Titanic I decided to upgrade and forked up for a new Riffe Euro 120.

Living on the coast in Thailand I get in the water quite often, and with a month back on the N.Devon coast mid summer get the Bass season as well so though expensive it'll get used at least 80-100 times a year..

The Gun: Well built, solid, not too frilly or bulky (not a fan of all the added carbon and bits) nice hand made spear, and just all round quality, though it did take quite a few dives to get used to the reloading system with the line wrap guide, and still I'm not 100% with it, taking 4-5 times longer to load than my old bazooka, pretty sure I'll get used to it though. The line of sight is perfectly clear as well giving great aim down the barrel.

Results: 100%, not missed a fish yet, from distance and close up, 120 might be a bit too long for on the reef, thinking about it now 110 would have been perfect, and it took quite a bit to load the first few times especially in cold waters.... my first day in Devon ended in a few nice sea bass and my first day back in Thailand ended in two nice Barracuda, the gun is pure class, I can't rate it high enough.... well built, silent and unbelievably accurate.

I'm not one to write reviews but this has been such a Revelation compared to the old gun!

Attachments

• IMG_7614.jpg
    IMG_7614.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_7634.jpg
    IMG_7634.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_9093.jpg
    IMG_9093.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: Okis and scallywag
Awesome mate, I also switched unintentinally from my Mares Cyrano 110 to a Rob Allen 120, I had an unfortunate encounter with a strong current and crashing waves with a fish at the end of the Cyrano, had to let go of the spear to save myself, had a backup RA which I have used sparringly in the past, as I liked the Tomba kit on my Cyrano, the bands were worn on my 1st outing with the RA which made for lots of misses and ambitious shots, had replacement band in my quiver which I rigged up for the RA, I have not looked back since my RA is now my goto gun...accurate well balanced, hair trigger, light, the 6.5mm spear just like my Cyrano is swift and stealthy
great pics

Attachments

• IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 176
What's all the Riffe bashing spam threads?

I think you better start a new thread explaining more in detail what you're on about.

The spamming is just annoying and will probably get you banned in not to long.

Yes, what's your problem with Jay? I find it strange to be in the position of defending him and his guns since I haven't used one in about 20 years, but my problems are more with design than with construction or labor practices. I live about 3 miles from the RIFFE plant and used to stop by often during bike rides to fill my water bottle and let their boxer dog lick the sweat off my
legs. Sure enough I saw lots of
Hispanic employees, just as I would at similar businesses in Southern California. I didn't enquire about their citizenship but I didn't see any guns held to their heads to keep them at the job.

If you have some sort of problem with Jay, take it somewhere else.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT