• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New spearfishing video

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mishu1984

Halla Waaaaallllaaa
Aug 15, 2002
Went out yesterday for a bit of spearing off and old war-torn oil rig. visibility was utter crap.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE2V7E3VZME]YouTube - Kuwait Spearfishing Faskar[/ame]

hope you enjoy

Nice one Mishu, what was the fish? And how much vis did you actually have, 3-4 meters, maybe a little more?
You got any video of spearing the old rigs when the vis is good? Must be stacked with fish?

Podge the viz. was horrible. It reminded me of dubai back at its peak of construction with the world and palm islands projects.
i could see to the end of my gun plus 3 meters at the surface, and as you drop down that was reduced.
at 30 ft the water was sooo murky that it felt like i was diving in brocolli soup.

on a good clear day, the amount of fish is just crazy.

Reactions: podge
Podge the viz. was horrible. It reminded me of dubai back at its peak of construction with the world and palm islands projects.
i could see to the end of my gun plus 3 meters at the surface, and as you drop down that was reduced.
at 30 ft the water was sooo murky that it felt like i was diving in brocolli soup.

on a good clear day, the amount of fish is just crazy.

3 meters plus your gun, welcome to my world materoflrofl
Sounds great on a clear day though, so you got any video of it when its clean out there?

Podge, i just recently started taking videos while spearfishing, mostly its been pics of the spread at the end. as a matter of fact, this is my first video. hopefully soon i can get out to get some more footage.

Foxfish, these are two-bar seabream

http://www.fishbase.org/Country/CountrySpeciesSummary.cfm?c_code=414&id=4543

Well what you been doing? It can’t be that hard to pimp a few camelsroflroflrofl
Get on out there with the camera and yer speargun, its freezing cold over here at the moment with hardly any fish to see let alone shoot, I’m relying on you boys in the warmer parts to get us through the winter.:):):)

Looks like Sea Island. Visibility there is terrible during shrimping season (all the months with "er" at the end). Things will improve at around May, June. Lot of large King Mackerel out there, but you have to go out about 20 meters off the rig and drop down to about 40 to 50 feet and wait. Used to have tons of Permit but I don't see so many anymore last few years. Watch out for bull sharks as they are very aggressive there. My brother had a pretty scary moment where he had a large bull shark attack a fish he was putting on a ring attached to our boat ladder, where they got entangled and was a very noisy, splashy mess, with the shark taking off with his fish ring and his gun. In bad visibility you have to be especially careful as the bulls sneak up on you from nowhere.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT