• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

new sporasub ONE Speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

thedodd

Jan 18, 2010
Has anybody seen or purchased the new Omer/Sporasub, ONE Speargun? looks awesome, but ther'es not many reviews on it yet. one review on spearboard cant say enough good thing about it. im a wood gun man and am not shure about the aluminum or carbon tube guns. One things for shure that new reel and ring barb shaft are saweeet!ONESPEARGUN 2009 WEBSITE

I purchased a 105 about year ago.It's a great gun.If set up right it can shoot just like a wood gun but it is very accurate whether stock or modified.

There are more Deeperblue members who shoot the ONE: I remind Dirty Ol' Diver (Kurt) from Hawaii, and Diving Dane in Australia. They both love it.

About Kumu I'm not surprised you like the ONE, as you were a lover of the old glorious Master series. :inlove
How is your ONE modified?

so if you could pick a gun what would your first choice be? and if you had to choose between the riffe euro series or the ONE which would you choose?

i was looking at the 105, but i want an all around gun, one that i can shoot white sea bass and yellow tail in the kelp with, but also be able to shoot a halibut if i see one on the bottom or a sand bass or calico too. is the 105 too much! i actually like wood guns better, and am stuck between that gun and the riffe euro series. which would you guys pick?

Thanks!

A 105 can be an all rounder for the Mediterranean Sea where I live (if visibility allows), but I don't know for SoCal. Anyway my choice, just like many european spearfishers, is to bring on two or three guns depending on fish targeted, visibility conditions (hardly predictable) and...the inspiration of the moment.+
If I had to go living on a desert island with only one speargun allowed, a 100/105 would be the size. (I'd bring on my C4 Monoscocca 100).

Anyway, here's Kurt's review of the ONE, so to shed more light on the specific gun you're asking about. http://forums.deeperblue.com/hunting-equipment/84490-comprehensive-sporasub-one-review.html

i was looking at the 105, but i want an all around gun, one that i can shoot white sea bass and yellow tail in the kelp with, but also be able to shoot a halibut if i see one on the bottom or a sand bass or calico too. is the 105 too much! i actually like wood guns better, and am stuck between that gun and the riffe euro series. which would you guys pick?

Thanks!

In that I'm in your back yard dive wise, here's my take on this.
Pro spearfishermen can kill very large fish with perfect stalking skill and years of water time. I have also seen new hunters get very lucky and have a big fish swim in front of the shaft of a short gun.

It's been said '' gun's are like golf clubs'' and I agree. I always use a pole spear and slip tip to hunt Halibut. If you are hunting Calico you do not need a blue water gun, any 105 is perfect.

When you start to target White Sea Bass which can reach over 80#
and have very soft flesh, buy or build a gun that will help you not just
wound or lose fish.
I have have no commercial interest in Riffe products in any way, but
many of my friends have used their guns for 25 years. I think the Euro line
of guns they sell are hard to beat when set up with a slip tip.
Cheers, Don Paul

Reactions: Claudio
thanks man yeah i have the jbl woody sawed off magnum and have taken lots of quality fish, but the range is terrible and so is the accuracy. the reason i was asking is because i can get the riffe euro serries 100 for $380 and that seems like a pretty good deal. but im hearing that they have acc. problems, they either shoot high, low, right, left or both. people say they just compansate for that, but if im gonna buy a new gun i want it to be bad to the bone!

thanks man yeah i have the jbl woody sawed off magnum and have taken lots of quality fish, but the range is terrible and so is the accuracy. the reason i was asking is because i can get the riffe euro serries 100 for $380 and that seems like a pretty good deal. but im hearing that they have acc. problems, they either shoot high, low, right, left or both. people say they just compansate for that, but if im gonna buy a new gun i want it to be bad to the bone!

I know a few guys with pools who keep a few Riffe Euro's around for target
shooting, The guns shoot very well as long as guys don't try to flop on more rubber power and unbalance the gun.

Twenty years from now the Riffe will still be killing fish with very little maintenance other than a rinse.

What ever you get, shoot it over and over until you and the gun are one.
I would save the jbl for the flaties.

All the best, Don Paul

Anyone knows what guns the omer team is going to use during this year world champ. With such an extensive line with the caymans, One and the airbalete, would be cool to know that the pros are going to use.

Reactions: Mr. X
Riffe and Omer make very good guns, you cant go wrong either way.
I believe that!

Pick the gun you like best,and enjoy your hunting.

Anyone knows what guns the omer team is going to use during this year world champ. With such an extensive line with the caymans, One and the airbalete, would be cool to know that the pros are going to use.

Competitive spearos in general are reluctant to adopt newer and newer guns for comps: they tend to stick with their own "old trusty".
My cousin is a good friend of Italy's 2008 national champion, member of team Omer. He won the nationals with an old Excalibur 75. Not even the Excalibur 2000: the older Excalibur with the older clumsier muzzle.
There is absolutely no shade of doubt that the Caymans are much better guns than Excalibur, but spearos tend to develope a symbiosis relation with their tools, and competitives do not escape.

Competitive spearos in general are reluctant to adopt newer and newer guns for comps: they tend to stick with their own "old trusty".
My cousin is a good friend of Italy's 2008 national champion, member of team Omer. He won the nationals with an old Excalibur 75. Not even the Excalibur 2000: the older Excalibur with the older clumsier muzzle.
There is absolutely no shade of doubt that the Caymans are much better guns than Excalibur, but spearos tend to develope a symbiosis relation with their tools, and competitives do not escape.

Those are very wise words.
I am only a blue water meet competitor but also a subsistence spero.
90% of the fish I spear are taken with two guns and a pole spear I have been using over twenty 25 years. I don't even like looking down the muzzle and taking pretend shots with another gun. My guns are wired into my target image as I look at the fish, extend the arm and squeeze the trigger.
I feel very responsible for wounding or losing any fish I hunt. What I see in
some hunters is the loss of stalking skills. If one wants kill shots, just learn
to get a little closer...something expert competitive divers do very well.
All the best, Don

Reactions: spaghetti
My collecting habit allegedly stems from my great uncle, the Reverend Fox.
Here he is being told to put his gun away by my great aunt Fox.

Attachments

• P1000273.jpg
    P1000273.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 276
Reactions: Mr. X and spaghetti
Here he is being told to put his gun away by my great aunt Fox. (quote)

Oh you Cheeky Dog.rofl
Attached Thumbnails

I dont like wounding or losing fish either. the jbl gun im using now is at times very innacurate, i feel pretty confident with my stalking skills but the gun itself is what im missing, i want to purchase a new all around gun for huntin the kelp from shore or at the islands

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT