• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

new sporasub ONE Speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Lets hope it blows you away when you fire it.
What do you think about the overall build quality of the actual gun?

HAHa. I guess as a BOLD you might want to separate my post(s) into their own thread and make it a REVIEW instead. I went way off topic here.

Anyways -

Build Quality for the exterior.
So far as I look over the ONE Banded 95 - I don't have to much to complain about.

1. The band 19mm, is cut and bound to the ONE wishbone nicely. looks like it was done by hand. Great work!
2. There aren't any metal spurs on any part of the gun, or nylon spurs for that matter, that were left over from the manufacturing and assembly process. HUGE! PLUS in my book.
3.. The spear is finished nicely , and as mentioned oboe - the only issue with it was the barcode sticker that I had to use GooGone on.
4. THe actual Camu/ Camo graphic on the gun is blurry in the side grooves in the cuddle fish part of the barrel. Also looks like there is a seem from the printing process. Maybe should have been an anodized process of some sort with a flat/ satin clear coat. - I do a lot of custom stuff for people and the process isn't too difficult.
5. The reel is nice so far out of water. STIFF but I'm hoping this is for the better when the big fish are on. Pulling the reel handle out is tough but again, sure it will loosen up over time.
6. Trigger has some nice feel to it and is a pretty simple design.
7. The SAFETY, however is hard to operate bare handed, let alone with gloves on. Might loosen up over time but when in the water, I'm always "HOT". So the loosening up will only happen over a LONG period of time. I might remove it and shave the ball a little to allow for a smoother feel.
8. Spear Line - I like CLEAR personally instead of the DEEP GREEN so deep it looks black. Just cosmetic, but one of the Fit and Finish things I like on my gear.
9. Barrel Swivel - Nice. Not too worried about sand getting into it and causing an issue. the tolerances on it look like they are very tight. I swim out from shore a lot and that is an issue with some of my gear. SAND.

These are all my initial observations of the ONE so far. I don't think I will need the second band for awhile. The 19mm has some punch from my experience in the past with other guns.

As I get it in the water and test it a few times this coming week, I'll post more about it.

Hi guys,
I am still undecided :-(. Have been spearing with my old Cressi Pneumatic for the last odd 30 years. I guess I relate very much to what Dace wrote a short time ago.
I think a move to rubber guns is inevitable; so I will bite the bullet and buy one. A couple of questions though for any fellow spear fisher-man/woman:)
Is the ONE an open nozzle or a closed one? cannot tell from the pics I got on the web?
Is the track an enclosed one or fully open, again not clear on teh web?
I would very much appreciate feedback if u guys could
Thanx
Ezz

Thanx my friend
I think I will either buy one or buy yteh new Beauchat
Cheers

I had a real close look and I think the 'special weights' mentioned are the hooks you wedge your mono around. tbh I think this has been a mixture of marketing lingo and translation error. Can't find anything to adjust the weight… I have the 95 and it's perfectly balanced. Favourite toy in the moment.

I found a video of the Omer ET… since both are very similar this may (?) be the spot where to find the weights… Moneyshot starts at 1.18:

tl;dr: pull the pin of the eyelet from the shooting line - tada: little weight disks appear

Reactions: Brochman
I just bought a very little used Sporasub One 95 off Fleabay for £104 so i am going to be posting about this speargun for other peoples future reference.
The gun i bought comes with no spear and the original spear is a 130 cm long by 6.75 mm Shark fin spear which can be bought from Dive inn. But this gun can also be used with a 7 mm spear ( I am going with the 7 mm Picasso Gold Spring steel Shark fin spear but i am going to try both and see if the performance differs any.
https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/omer-shaft-america-6.75-mm-single-barb/9427/p
https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-di...ing-steel-round-shark-fin-spear-7-mm/602710/p

I am also going to replace the single 18mm rubber with two 14mm rubbers as it makes the gun more accurate.
Watch the Video as it shows someone switching from a 20mm rubber and a 6.75mm shaft to two 14mm rubbers and a 7mm shaft and shooting at a target in a pool from different distances.

And here is some of the stats of the gun and what comes with different sizes of gun.
https://www.subprof.com/en/aluminium-spearguns/sporasub-one-speargun-53162374

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT