• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Suit.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Murat

Promethian
Jun 21, 2002
I got this one for winter. Its 5mm. Does anydody used that one or have any idea about it. Pros and cons...

Last edited:
I dive an Omer in 6.5mm. warmest wetsuit I have ever owned. very soft neoprene. 100% satisfied with my purchase. Plan on buying another one in 3mm for travel diving.

That looks like my old OMER Professional 5mm. It's made of the older stiff rubber, not Yamamoto 45 or equivalent. It was nylon one side and smooth rubber outer. I sold it to a friend and he wears the smoothskin on the inside for better sealing. In your waters you could wear the nylon inside without getting cold I'm sure.
It was a good suit for the price, no complaints.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Amphibious,
you are talking about exactly same suit? I think they called this model master pro or something like that. I guess this model is made in italia..

Last edited:
Erik, i bought this suit for half ot the retail price. Seller wants to celar them out since they are discontinued... Its not perfect fit my body, tight on chess,shoulders and arms but loosy on waist...But none of standart sized suits fits me...and buying of new tailored suit means loosing this winter season...

Did you cut off the pants to high waist or used it as it is???

i guess this suit will do the job for winter, since winter dives here relatively shallower...

I used it with the farmer johns on because it's friggin' cold here! :)
If it's loose in the waist you could alter it with a long taper 'V' cut out of the seams on each side, or wear a tight vest over top.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

murat.
i used it before it is good for med sea.i belive you ll like it..it is like seal soft of picasso .i use now marc valantine..i am happy.(always use shampoo before u wear!!)

Last edited:
i cahanged this suit for something else, it did not fit me well...

I got a beautiful bottom half that I need to find the top half of -- it's black and has reinforced areas around the legs/knees to prevent damage, toughest suit I've owned to date and really warm. It's also an OMER but the problem is I can't find the top half of the thing -- that I'd like to get myself this Summer, to replace my aging immersion top half. All I've got to go on is neoprene - 90%, nylon - 10% and a PO number that reads: 02-01138

It's a 6.5mm suit that needs lube and keeps me seriously warm for hours on end -- I managed an 8hr stint with 2 breaks on the rocks on a beautiful Summer day last year, right up to nightfall with water temperature around 19C. Was rewarded with a 2.5K bass for my efforts just before sundown :)

I'd seriously recommend it IF you can find it! It's like their Master Pro series except it's all in black and doesn't have any additional hip padding, just the knees and inside legs.

Last edited:
i am very happy with my latest sea-tec wetsuit, keeps me warm at 15degree water more that 4 hour :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT