• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

new suit

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

what colour should my new suit be?

• smurf blue

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • slinky silver

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • classic black

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I reckon silver - just be careful round the spearo's or they'll think you is a mightly big bass

I love silver suits and sadly I seem to remember the smurfs and there was only one smurfette so this discounts blue.

Silver - will that attract sharks? I remember watching TS swimming with sharks and she changed suit because the sharks rather liked the silver one, so it depends is it just for Chepstow or are you going to be going to Dahab?

Your colouring could look great in the red - I always envy people who can wear red can you imagine it with my hair? Yeuch!

BUt out of the choice of three I would go for black but I love the patterned idea - pattern would be a lot more fogiving than plain silver - I am now thinking of me not you here, I still have to order my suit.

can't believe everyone is putting in so much thought!! thanks - still haven't decided though!!

Still UNDECIDED? Ever think of a CAMO wetsuit!!!!!????

I love camoflage! :inlove I'd make everything camo'ed if I could...But then I'd lose everything all of the time!

"Uh....Hmmmm?" :confused: "Where did I put that snorkle?" "Oh! It's right there on top of my wetsuit!" Hmmmm? :confused: Now, wheres them gloves and my camoflage speargun too?....Oh!.........Right there on my.....rofl

Last edited:
Sam!!!! if you are going to buy a smoothskin, and you are an active girl like me, and dont sit on the boat carefully and basically help with all the lines etc then a smoothskin is not for you.... check out my latest bit of tailoring!! :(

I kneeled down on the boat to do something and it ripped from the knee to the crotch :martial

Attachments

• tear1.jpg
    tear1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 225
  • tear2.jpg
    tear2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 217
I went for the same as my last 3 suit(s) in the end - classic black, smoothskin, heiwa but got black coating on the inside rather than just open cell as one of the issues with my current suit is that it gives me a friction rash - I'm hoping the coating will stop that but haven't got the suit yet

sorry for being boring! Just seen some photos of someone in the red suit and it looks quite cool!

S

PS Sara - I rip them regularly! and have got very handy with a tube of black witch - but still the warmth and glide of the smoothskin make it worth it.

Do you go for the high waist or the farmer john? I'm looking at getting my own Elios, and welcome any feedback or info :)

Aaah, I just got my new 3mm last Friday, and what a joy!
I got a reversible smooth/nylon that is a bit more durable than smooth/open, and I can wear the nylon on the outside for everyday's rough use and turn it inside out when I want that extra glide.
This one is for warm water though, so I don't really need the open cell inner to keep me extra warm.
Haven't taken it to the water yet, but will as soon as I'm in Egypt. :D

P.S.: It's high waist, BatRay. For one, You can drop the pants with the top still on, which makes some things in life easier. :t And the other thing is that You can flip the top of the pants to create a seal (opencell on opencell) between pants and top. Stops the water influx pretty well.

Last edited:
high waist - all my suits are high waist in fact I only know one person with a Farmer John and he finds it almost impossible to get into. Also the seal if you fold the pants down makes it a lot warmer (but does make you look 5ml chubbier round the middle!)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT