• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New to Deeper Blue

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Expat48

Feb 2, 2020
Hello/Kumusta; I live in & born in California with my Philippine Illocano wife/Baket with family in Alcala Pangasinan; Ocassional visits there; looking for saltwater shallow reef free diving/spearfish places/info; share if you can
Thanks/Salamat

Welcome Expat. The USA & Asia sections of the Buddies/regional areas section of the forum are good spots to post for local knowledge and contacts.

Welcome Expat. The USA & Asia sections of the Buddies/regional areas section of the forum are good spots to post for local knowledge and contacts.

HI I would like to know how to navigate this forum site, pick avatar and also how to find the Asia buddies section & to post this:
Need to know info on where free diving spearfishing, scuba or snorkel only, in Philippines Pangasinan area of Luzon at Lingyuan Gulf near Dagupan, San Fabian or La Union; there's protected/restricted areas around & open areas. Hundred Islands area is questionable & controversial protected? Palawan requires a 2 hr flight but I do have a relative in law there so? Please reply and/or start a private Deeperblue.con Conversation.
Kind regards;
O-G

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Expat48 - sorry you are having issues. let me try to help on each of them:

navigate this forum site - the forums are set up in a traditional forum format, with subforums for each area.

They are grouped into General, Freediving, Spearfishing, International, Scuba, Marketplace and Support. You can access the full forum list at any time by clicking on FORUMS in the menu bar or breadcrumb.

New to Deeper Blue | DeeperBlue.com Forums 2020-05-19 18-53-39.png

pick avatar - an Avatar is just an image representation - think "profile picture" in Facebook terms. You can add it via your Account Details page: https://forums.deeperblue.com/account/account-details
Account details | DeeperBlue.com Forums 2020-05-19 18-56-27.png

how to find the Asia buddies section - that is a sub-forum available from the forum listing page. You can get there directly from here: Asia & Japan
DeeperBlue.com Forums 2020-05-19 18-58-09.png

Hi Expat, I used to include links to the appropriate Buddy region in my responses but it is rather time consuming and, now I use a smartphone more often than my PC, impractically time consuming. Ultimately new users need to browse around the forum area and become familiar with it, at least the high-level sections.

BTW If I have a particular question, discussion thread or area of interest that I want to look for, I will sometimes use Google to search the forum
E.g. "DeeperBlue.com roller spearguns uk". It works really well.

Usually, I look around the Spearfishing section, scan the impressive weekly DeeperBlue email and check any "alarms" (notifications) on my profile (see "burger"-icon drop down menu at top left corner of page).

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT