• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New to spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Søren

Corydoras Sterbai
Mar 19, 2006
Hi all
I'm taking my first real trip this weekend. I didn't bring my speargun the first two times in the water here in order to get properly familiarised with the rather low tempeartures before getting serious.
Now I'm eagerly anticipating the encounter with the fresh, silver trout.
People around here has reported seeing them over the last week.

I'll get back to you on sunday with a full report on my experiences and hopefuly a few icy cold photos of myself and the catch

Welcome to DB and good luck! Are you diving in Skandinavian waters?

Adrian

Welcome to DB! Have fun scouring this site for information. : )

Yes, I'm scandinavian - Danish.
I went out on saturday with my speargun but it was colder than the two earlier times I've attempted.
I don't really know why since the water tempearture hasn't changed: around 1 degree.
Maybe I got cold on my way to the beach. And the wind was 11 meters per second.
My forehead even hurt, like when you eat ice fast and get that stinging sensation...
This is just stupid; I should wait for warmer weather....
Søren

I can bet you that if you had shot one of those silver trout you would just be dying to get back into the water!!! its the way it works (unfortunatly) :head just keep trying.
Good luck

Huw

thats true i was spearfishing at night and water was +6c
last autumn
after 2hour i was really cold and thinking to go back to home
when i saw one 3kg seatrout
i did miss it of course,but i was spending still half hour in water...brrr

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT