• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New to the site, here are some pics

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

infinitysail

Jun 19, 2010
I got into spearfishing last year, and just found this forum this summer. What a great sport. I've been fishing with a cressi star 70 pneumatic, but my Mako 110 came in the mail today. Too many missed opportunities with a little gun.

So now, how does one find open water fish? The area we fish has wahoo in the deep water, but what do you do to bring them to you?

Attachments

• IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0730.JPG
    IMG_0730.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0735.JPG
    IMG_0735.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0736.JPG
    IMG_0736.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_7941.JPG
    IMG_7941.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 149
Those are all different snappers. They all start to look the same after a while. Check out the tail on the first one, though.
Some more pics

Attachments

• pics march 2010 586.JPG
    pics march 2010 586.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 132
  • pics march 2010 326.JPG
    pics march 2010 326.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 136
  • pics march 2010 085.JPG
    pics march 2010 085.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_9285.JPG
    IMG_9285.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 155
Hi Infinity, welcome to db.
Looks like you have some idyllic fishing where you live!

The area we fish has wahoo in the deep water, but what do you do to bring them to you? Quote;infintysail/

Wahoo are a easy fish to shoot and will approach within 10' feet if you do a little 20' dive. Some times they cruise at 10 to 25fsw. Make sure your gear is up to the task, I use full break away to my float. Shooting them is easy, stopping them can be a challenge. Your area has some big ones.
Welcome to the forum mate.
Cheers, Don Paul

Attachments

• Ho 3.jpg
    Ho 3.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 144
The area we fish has wahoo in the deep water, but what do you do to bring them to you? Quote;infintysail/

Wahoo are a easy fish to shoot and will approach within 10' feet if you do a little 20' dive. Some times they cruise at 10 to 25fsw. Make sure your gear is up to the task, I use full break away to my float. Shooting them is easy, stopping them can be a challenge. Your area has some big ones.
Welcome to the forum mate.
Cheers, Don Paul

Welcome infinitysail. Nice fish. I shoot dogs quite a bit here in Belize too.
Regarding wahoo:
The hard part for me has been finding them. I've seen one in the water but too far for a shot.
I hear that you need to find the "highway" that they routinely pass through. ?? I need a map for that highway. Plus, I have to get a couple guys together to go,...which isn't easy here if I want to go right after a full moon and it's during the week.
One guy drives the boat and the other two drift along with a flasher and chum?
Man, you make it sound so easy, Don. hah. Come on down to Belize and I'll take you out every day for a week this Dec or Jan.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT