• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New to this in North East England

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Longdog

Jul 21, 2005
Hi

Just getting interested in this but get the feeling that being up on the North Sea people think I must be crazy. Just being using a normal snorkel/mask for now but ordering the proper mask/fins and suit soon.

I'm just loving being out in the sea and spending a bit of time on the bottom in fairly shallow water, with a buddy I'd like to get a bit more adventurous.

Is there anyone else out there freediving in the North East? If there is I'd love to meet up.

Cheers, you said it...

I'd quite happily have it a bit warmer but then again you can't have it all, atleast I'm only 100yards from the sea. On my summer break from tomorrow so I'm hoping to get a bit of time in and even travel down to the SW for some clearer warmer water.

Hi Longdog
Welcome to DB, I remember a couple of months ago someone looking for information about partners up your way, possiblyin the hunting section, have a scan :)

Mark Wayt lives in Yorkshire.
Steve Fuller lives in Hull.

That's my NE England dive buddies exhausted...

Howdy Longdog,

There are quite a few of us scattered about in the North of England. a few down in Manchester, 2 in Sheffield and I'm based in Leeds. And I think DB member Bam Bam is from North Yorkshire if I'm not mistaken!!! Send me a message if you need any info.

Are you from near Redcar or further north? How cold is the sea there this time of year? Cheers Golfinho

Hi Golphino, thanks for replying.

Been in touch with Mark from Scarborough and we hope to get together but lives have got in the way so far.

I'm just 10 miles south of Redcar at Skinningrove. I don't know what temp the water is but it's certainly not warm. Not been in of late due to holidays and it been so rough. Been reading up on here and doing some breathing exercises, suppose I should get to the baths if there not too full of kids, used to be able to do 30m+ a while back with no fins or anything.

Got a normal suit, mask and snorkel, hope to get the right gear after I meet up with Mark, you or others and suss it all out.

Be good to meet up if you're coming over to Redcar, Runswick or the like or if you're off some where else as long as you don't mind a total newbie along.

Hopefully meet up some time

Kev

We are all newbies in the beginning, i've only been freediving less than a year myself and I think it's good to dive with buddies at different levels.

deeperblue is a good meeting place, I think most of the U.K. freedivers check in the forums quite regularly and theres always somebody around to answer your questions.. Bienvenido amigo!!!!!

hello dose any one know how to get in tuch with Mark Wayt lives in Yorkshire.
Steve Fuller lives in Hull. i live not far from Hull and i am looking for some one to meet up with to fish Bridlington northwards as you can not relax one your own when fishing or if you know any one else who fishes the north east please can you let me know as i keep going to Ireland to fish with my friend

dose any one know any one who spear fishes or trinning partners around the north east?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT