• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

new to underwater photography

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Hypersquid1

Ride The Lightning
Jun 15, 2005
hey everyone, i really want to get into underwater photography. i was looking on some dive sites, and i saw that you could buy cameras specially made for underwater. but i have a Canon A95 Powershot digital camera, and they make a waterproof case for it. would it be better to buy a specially made camera, or should i get the waterproof case?

I think that the case is a better investment because you can also use the a95 when on the beach, in the snow or rain without having to buy a new camera. Thats just my 2 cents, I'm a real newbie to photography.

I also have the canon A95 and I'm in the process of buying the case (need to send the money order). The cheapest place I found it was on ebay, just do a search for wp-dc50, there's a couple of ebay 'stores' who sell them.

Daniel

Last edited:
ok. i think im going to buy the case, becasue then i can use it for snowboarding, and in the rain.

My article is in Issue 19.

You need to sign up to the site to be able to download the issues.

All that means is you get an email when the new issue is up.

All isssues are free, as advertising pays for the mag.

Its worth downloading all of them, as there are some fantastic articles by very talented photographers.. and the odd amateur (like me) :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT