• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New uprated PT Shockwave torch.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Old Man Dave

Feb 19, 2005
I see that Princeton Tec have introduced a new version of my favourite torch the shockwave LED. Looks identical except it has new superbright LED'd that have upped the output from 170 lumens to 400 lumens. Still same sort of price. I wonder if you can upgrade or more likely cheaper to buy a new version and keep the old one as a spare. 400 lumens - wow!

Deep Blue Dive > PRINCETON TEC > Princeton Tec Shockwave LED

Dave.

You could sell the old one on eBay - recycling. I know what you mean though, seems like it would be best (greenest/cheapest) to upgrade existing torches. I was hoping UK might sell an easy LED upgrade kit for the UK Q40. Or Omer for the Moonlight torches.

I don't know why they don't use the higher powered LEDs that are around these days. LEDs like the Cree MCE or Seoul P7 are up to 900 lumens each and will not use any more juice than the 3 or 4 lower powered leds used in leds diving torches at the moment.

I'm sure a company like Princetontec could sort the heat sinking despite the plastic case and they cost very little: DealExtreme: $15.37 SSC P7 C-Bin LED Emitter with 21mm Heat Sink Base (3.6V~3.7V)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…