• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Women's static world record

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Walrus

Oz freediver
Oct 3, 2001
Still pending AIDA ratification of course but...

Annabel made 6.21 !

:D :D :D :D :D :D

DB's own Bill Graham also set a new US record at 6.56, and the way he came up looked like he was good for a lot more.

Big Congrats to Annabel and Bill !

Cheers,
Wal

hi

Wow quite a lot of records for one day, congratulations to all 3 athletes.

Wal didn't know you were gonna do an Aussie static record till yesterday, was the 6:10 your pb or did you do more in training. Now all you gotta do is dive to 71 (cough cough hopefully 80) m and have 3 aussie records :cool:

Way to go brah.

cheers

Congratulations all of you!

Congratulations to the World Record Annabel :)

And good luck with the free immersion and the constant weight later.

May the force be with you. ;)

Best wishes,

Lotta and Mia

BTW: Lotta competes in Copenhagen Open next weekend :D

Last edited:
Reactions: donmoore
Congrats to Annabel and the rest of the team!

Mia, how's Lotta doing in training with static? Possible WR next weekend?

Congrats to all three athletes. However, I must admit that I'm annoyed that the group's demographics have deprived me of my favorite lame-o excuses, "I'm getting too old for this s***t", and "not bad for a guy whose best years are behind him". I guess I'll just need to start trying harder.

2003 surely holds the record for most apnea records in a single year.

Last edited:
Reactions: flyboy748 and tuomo
Ahh...New meaning in the words" Respect for your elders!" :D :D

Congratulations and like Pezman I agree, I can't use age as anything except as incentive to go further!

Adrian - Young and inexperienced at 49

Congratzzzz Annabel and Bill. Nice times.
Nice to see the womens WR time going up.
Keep it going...

Reactions: thud
Congrats to Annabel, Bill and Wal.
Great to see that age isn't that important in our sport.

Any news about Annabel's further record attempts?

-Maxtream

:) Thanks to all.............

Annabel set the World Record in Free Immersion yesterday at 71M. Next she will try CW at 71 also.

Matt

:D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 137
Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Annabel! What an amazing performance:)

Matt, that picture you posted is just incredible. Between the clarity of the water and the way it all came together, I love it.

If there are any more like it of Annabel's dives, please post them.

Ash

hi

Totally agree that pic is absoultely incredible. The vis is extreme.

Also what type of fins are those ones that say "Blue blood bros" they look totally sick I want some :cool:

cheers

Fantastic Performance and picture. The “Blue blood bros" fins seem to have the V on the end like C4’s, but I don’t see the side rails, like the ones you see Kirk Krack wearing in the photo. They also don’t have the fiber checkers Kirk’s do and they seem narrower. I believe that is Martin Stepanek wearing the other Performance Freediving suit and he is wearing his plastic Omers. I think they are blue and are less stiff than the black Millennium Competition. For some reason he has yellow lettering on the bottom that I think used to say Cressi. Not sure about that one.

Kirk likes to use his C4’s all the time; put Martin only uses them for constant ballast. He prefers his old Omers because of the maneuverability without the tracking rails. He has done 200 meters dynamics with these fins. When we asked him what he was going to use for his record dynamic record attempt next month, mono’s or bi’s, he said he still had not made up his mind. Apparently, after being a mono race swimmer for several years, mono fin technique isn’t something he has to practice and can switch back and forth whenever he wants.
don

Last edited:
Check out her breath up for static - on her back with a neck pillow. Is this a common practice?

What event is this that Anna, Bill, Wals are at?
Jody

Congratulations again Annabel!

Hi Jorg,

I'll let Lotta answer that herself.

Mia

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT