• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Rintacutan2

Dec 11, 2017
Wassup brand new to all of this. My name is Evan I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I work part time in Alaska, the pacific is home. I appreciate the opportunity to get to know some new folks. Live to learn

Hi. What are your interests (freediving/SCUBA/spearfishing/...)?

Welcome to Deeperblue. San Francisco, huh? Do any diving up there?

Yea up north in Mendocino county. Red abalone country at least it was they just announced a closure this year. I also like diving up north in south east Alaska where I spend half the yr. The visibility is unreal!!!! Appreciate the message X where about do you reside?

Reactions: Mr. X
Yeah I heard about that closure. It's really too bad. The ab mortality is unreal. Something like 37% of surveyed abalone were dead. DFG/ FGC is working on a management plan to re-open the fishery, but I don't know what they can do about the kelp die-off.

I'm in San Diego, though unfortunately haven't done much diving in recent times. I've really got to check out La Jolla, but the viz has been shit every time I tried.

Yeah it's a damn shame abalone are not super resilient. It is also bad news for fisher men who do follow the restrictions and regulations. It's unfortunate let's just cross are fingers that they open back up because I do enjoy abalone to eat.

I enjoy spearfish games and free diving also exploring new waters to dive. I have been doing a little traveling these past 2yrs. I try to revolve my trip around the ocean so I can dive and catch fish. I've been to the South Island of New Zealand, South Africa last yr. I just returned from Ecuador and will visit Colombia in January. What about you X what's your interest?

What about you X what's your interest?
Spearfishing, mainly around south, south-west England & Wales. I don't travel abroad much these days. Would have liked to speafished abroad but spearfishing locally makes more sense for me. I have a 2 seater SOT Ocean kayak, although haven't used it much in recent years, I have plans to try some squid jigging from it sometime (pref. in July). I do a little sea angling from time-to-time, mainly using lures (hard, rubber/gel & feathers). I like to forage & place lobster pots and I love eating seafood, of course :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT