• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Newbie, SORRY!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

margery0007

Apr 17, 2003
Hey guys,
Found this site alot of help so throt id sign up.

Basically ive bin astounded by freediving since i was about 5 when my dad showed me the Big Blue. Id love to get into the sport, but dont know how to begin to train, for example breathing techniques. I can hold my breath for about 2 minutes (rubbish compared to u guys i know!), but if you could put somw input into techniques and tips to get started it would be greatly appreciated!

thanks loads guys!

nick

Reactions: Erik
Welcome. My advice would be to browse the forums. There is tons of information by really knowledgable people of world class caliber. Find out as much as you can about shallow water blackout and safety. Make sure you have a partner when you train. Most important, just get in the water and get comfortable. Good luck and dive safe.

Reactions: Erik
Welcome! You are also lucky that you are close to some very good freedivers: the UK has some great divers, many who are very passionate about it and concerned about the safety of other divers. Look for a buddy on the "Buddy" forum here, plus check the www.freediver.co.uk site. They do a fair bit of diving and training close to you I believe.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

cheers guys!

:t

Hey guys,
cheers for the help, i have found a freediving school and a few classes down here which i think i might sign up to because i want to get the best i can get.........plus my mates think its a waste of time so no1 will buddy me:waterwork !

"If you go too deep, dont start catching faries"

cheers guys!!

Re: cheers guys!

Originally posted by margery0007
:t

Hey guys,
cheers for the help, i have found a freediving school and a few classes down here which i think i might sign up to because i want to get the best i can get.........plus my mates think its a waste of time so no1 will buddy me:waterwork !

"If you go too deep, dont start catching faries"

cheers guys!!

a WASTE OF TIME:vangry

go for it diving is some of the best fun in the world with or without a tank:D

Sharky's so right, it used to d(ri)ve me nuts as a teenager that none of my friends thought diving was worth the time. And we could ride bikes to Palos Verdes which is full of aw(e)some diving.

As I grew older, got scuba and met other divers I came to the realization that diving is a thinking mans sport. You don't meet too many divers who ar(e)n't already deep thinkers. Maybe your mates ar(e)n't worth the time, I now realize mine wer(e)n't.

(edits)

Last edited:
cheers guys

cheers guys,
have taken the advice to heart, and am trying to get myself on a course. my dads a diving instructor, so ive got loads of diving aquaintances to get with!

happy diving people, sleeping on the bed!rofl

nick

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT