• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Newbie trying to Get better bottom time

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

french

Mar 29, 2006
I have been shallow water diving for a few years, but have never really explored deeper waters then 25 feet and longer times until more recently. Alot of the subjects, such as Training tables etc.. are really new to me and really sure on how they should be applied into my training.

Can some tell me what steps or tips that I can do to increase my bottom time as well as getting to the depths 60+ feet and reaching the Deeper blue.

Thanks for you help

Welcome,

we are a friendly bunch here....

If you look at some of the beginner freediving threads, you will see reference to C02/02 Tolerance tables - I have written several of them myself.... they are the key to longer submersions. If you can't locate them and/or have questions, just ask...

Of course, swimming safely at depth is related to equipment, bouyancy, breath-hold capacity and equalization. So break up your inquiry along those lines.

You need to understand gas exchange physiology. It is fairly simple but there are different ways you can get into trouble so research thoroughly.

Finally, there are great courses out there. I am a Performance Freediving grad. www.performancefreediving.com but our hosts here at deeperblue teach freediving as does www.learnfreediving.com and some others.. A trip to a course, the training and a few days after to soak it up can be a quite rewarding intro to the skill.

Performance Freediving holds courses in your area several times a year... check em out.

Happy to help on all fronts. Welcome.

Lungfish

Reactions: SanderP
Lungfish,

Thank you for the welcome. I read the post that you had with reese, I found it very helpful and I think I going to start doing phase1 tables tomorrow.

Can you tell me how often should you step up the times when do the tables?

Thanks,

French

Also, Does doing the tables twice a week give you twice the results? vs once a week

Thanks,

French

Hi french,
Lungfish and others have some great threads on begining tables are usually done 3-4 times a week give the body a rest and time to adapt to do what you are now asking of it. Training alone on land is fine but always have a buddy if your in water and dont ever train in the bath ( alone, with some one could be good though ) Max statics are only done on occassion maybe once a month but see how you fell others will do max ,s a lot more to see how they progress. You will progress very quickly as you tarin then it gets harder as your times increase.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT