• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ccolt1

Jan 1, 2005
I would like to say hi and happy new year!! I hope I can learn alot here. I am new and I would like to take classes in the next month or two but need to know what to buy and any brand that is better than any other. Thanks !!

ccolt1,
Welcome to forum. Your question is very broad and there are many (100’s) threads were people give their opinion on equipment. We are friendly bunch, but you need to help us out and give a little more info about yourself, before, at least I, would know how to advise. Like, what kind of diving have you done and what are you wanting to do? Where do you live and where are you going to dive? What classes are you interested in?

One of the best ways to get into the sport is to find some local divers, if possible, and get to know them. People are always looking for training partners, hunting buddies, etc. and are usually more than willing to help a new person. It’s also a great way to learn about equipment, and get to try some.
don

Hi I have not done any diving yet but getting ready to go to classes. I live in N. Ca. and am about 300mi away from oceans so will be diving in lakes after I am certified I will be taking the openwater course. I would like to buy all my own gear also.Thank you for the help.

Last edited:
ccolt1,
You must be talking about scuba diving. There are many more freedivers on the forum then scuba and I must have wrongly assumed you where talking freediving. Although I am basic open water certified, my love is freediving and I have very little interest in scuba diving, which means I don’t know much about scuba equipment.

Maybe if you put your question in the General Scuba forum some more knowledgeable people would see it and help you.

Any kind of diving is better than being on shore! You will love scuba and maybe someday you will want to try freediving as well.
don
:wave

ccolt1,

Welcome to the forums!

As Don has said there are different groups of divers in here, from FreeDivers (breath-hold diving) through Scuba and Technical Diving.

Head over to the [ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8"]General Scuba[/ame] Forum and post some questions in there!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT