• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

[News] Alan Barber Breaks British Freediving Record

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeeperBlue.com

DeeperBlue.com Editorial
Apr 7, 2006
Press Release from Mark Harris - British Freediving AssociationThe British Freediving Association is pleased to announce a new UKrecord in the Men's Dynamic Apnea 'No-fins' discipline. On Thursday 7thFebruary 2008, at The New Malden Centre, London, ...

This is an news discussion thread for discussing the following DeeperBlue.net News item:

Click here for original DeeperBlue.net News Item...

Brits are getting serious. Well done Alan. Good to see some fresh blood in the arena.

Mark Harris and I were judges for this attempt. I have to say that for someone that has only been freediving for a year, Alan put in a flawless performance. With all the additional pomp and ceremony he was a bit nervous beforehand but managed to equal his training PB under the more stressful conditions. He said that the whole dive felt the best he'd ever felt. When he surfaced he was nice and clean too. I've no doubt in the world that Alan's got plenty more left in this discipline.

Here's a bit of food for thought... no wetsuit, small neckweight, around 6 strokes per 25m, NO PACKING, and 127m!

Well done Alan!

Cheers,
Ben

All Congrats to Alan and the Team...
I hav just posted a 1st video on the old YOUTUBE.
We have some underwater footage comming....
I will update it when it arrives...
:eek:)
MIG

Great video. Hey Marcus, have you had your hair cut? Was that your dad doing safety?

Alan,
Well done! A great performance nice technique! May have to come up there and see you all soon!

Many thanks for all the kind comments. When all is said and done, I just do what I am told to do by Marcus and Adrian which makes my job a lot easier.

Regards,

Alan

Reactions: bam bam
I have added some loverly underwater shots to the Video now...
(Cheers Adrian 2)
Check it out...

YouTube - Alan Barber 127m Dynamic Freediving Record

Is it illegal to mention other threads?
Well anyway.... There was a thread about turns a while back,
Hopefully this vid of Alan will explain how I envisaged it... and it seems to work.

:)

MIG

Hi Andrew/Mike,

Thanks very much for the positive support - always appreciated. Absolutely loving this sport - can't get enough of it. Will have to wait and see what the future holds.

Best regards,

Alan

Personally I think that 127m is going to stand for a while unless you beat it. In a 25m pool its an extra turn from 125m!!

Well Done!!

See ya

I hope not! There is nothing like a bit of healthy competition to push human beings. Massive congrats to Martin MacNaughton on breaking the dynamic with fins record. The records are tumbling and it is just fun to be part of that.

Many thanks for the congratulations - very much appreciated.

Regards,

Alan

From what i've seen and heard of both Martin and Alan I think in the no-fins stakes you're probably pretty close to each other. In my experience there's nothing better than to have someone at your level to have a friendly rivalry with. When I was back in Aus my dive buddy and I were great mates but we loved to try and beat each other, and it really helped the both of us improve vastly. And after it all we were genuinely happy for each other when one beat the other.

Though I heard he did a big big no-fins the other day so he's not my friend anymore ;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT