• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

[News] Camel Sponsored Free Diver Sets New Italian Record

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeeperBlue.com

DeeperBlue.com Editorial
Apr 7, 2006
Sharm resident Federico Mana sets the new Italian record during the AIDA 4th International Free Diving Championship. The competition took place in Sharm El Sheikh from October 31st until November 3rd . In the “Constant Weight No Fins” catego...

This is an news discussion thread for discussing the following DeeperBlue.net News item:

Click here for original DeeperBlue.net News Item...

From the subject heading I thought this was going to be a big PR win for the tobacco industry :).

Heh heh.... nothing says freediving like the cool, sweet smoke of an unfiltered camel. I smoke 3 before every dive :D

I am confused - did the camel do the record alone or with the freediver riding it? Does it really belong to the discipline without fins? I though that camels belonged to the same category as motorized vehicles - it is certainly a kind of propulsion, hence it should better go to CWT.

Reactions: Pastor
I am confused - did the camel do the record alone or with the freediver riding it? Does it really belong to the discipline without fins? I though that camels belonged to the same category as motorized vehicles - it is certainly a kind of propulsion, hence it should better go to CWT.

That's unfair! Nowhere in the rules does it state that the competitor has to be a human or that it is against the rules to ride on a camel while conducting the dive without fins. Even an unfiltered camel cannot be classified as a motorised vehicle!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT