• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

[News] Freediving Competition in Dubai

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeeperBlue.com

DeeperBlue.com Editorial
Apr 7, 2006
It is rumoured that The Al Fazz'a Cultural Championship, held under the patronage of Shaikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and Chairman of Dubai Executive Council, will be holding another Freediving competition in Dubai d...

This is an news discussion thread for discussing the following DeeperBlue.net News item:

Click here for original DeeperBlue.net News Item...

Deeperblue.net are currently working to get details of dates, timings, and sponsored prizes for this year, and will be updating the news shortly.

This event must be the richest in the freediving world, if we go by last year's prizes (a luxury car for first, several thousands euros for second and third each). Yet, it is completely secret and hidden. Is it invitational? Is it restricted to local residents? Or is it just that no competition is desired?

They are going to stage it in April I heard. Will let you guys know

Sara, tell the Prince that if he announces it early enough, the competition would throw all other freediving events in a deep shade, and that Dubai may become Mecca of freedivers I think that with such sponsor it would not be impossible to get a nice group of world-top freedivers to the competition, and maybe even set a new world record in some disciplines. I also assume the organizer would be able to assure better media coverage than we saw at most past World Championships.

Understood. However i dont think a lot of freedivers would agree with the unorthodox method of the discipline.. but to win a Range Rover they might just waiver the rules... rofl

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…