• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

[News] Freediving world stunned by new company - PetFree

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeeperBlue.com

DeeperBlue.com Editorial
Apr 7, 2006
DeeperBlue.net have received breaking news that a totally new kind of FreeDiving education company has been formed - PetFree Founders Celine Caux and Patrick Shone describe the company as the only one dedicated to teaching animals to FreeDive....

This is an news discussion thread for discussing the following DeeperBlue.net News item:

Click here for original DeeperBlue.net News Item...

Omg... can you believe it? rofl

Why would anyone like to teach their pet to freedive? I'm sure they can keep an eye on you when you do your statics and dynamics - the perfect dive buddy!

I taught my border collie to tap me at 4 minutes, 4 and a half and every 15 seconds after that..... though if I ask for different taps that screws around with him a bit.

And he still has a long way to go on his Constant Weight No Paws.

Reactions: samdive
This STINKS. I've sent this to my old boyfrend who worx at the PETA so he can make an arrangement for demonstration against this company. Why they have to exploit and torchur poor animals?

I'm getting a rabbit when I move to Cornwall

Do you think a lop eared one would have trouble equalising?

wow, they could also have spearfishing classes, a grizzly bear could be your best budy when hunting for salmon..;)

Do they have a class for pet goldfish?
I have some goldfish and they are quite keen on giving it a try.

Some breeds of goldfish don't look too happy about the idea, judging by their facial expression...
Lionhead Goldfish

These forgot to equalise their mask...
Globe Eye Goldfish

And I hope these ones don't ever try packing...
Pearlscale Goldfish

And this one, which apparently doesn't like a strong overhead light... (Warning - not a pretty sight unless you like all fancy goldfish!)
Celestial Goldfish

Imagine a DOG CO2 TABLE:

1. Secure the dog's paws
2. Strap the mouth shut
3. Place the dog's face in the apnea device
4. Secure in place
5. Press the start button
6. Come back in 5 hours

....in the meantime.....

the apnea device pinches the dogs nose shut for 1.5 minutes, then releases it for 30 seconds, then pinches it shut for 1.5 minutes, then releases it for 30 seconds.... minute after minute, hour after hour...

....now imagine a room filled with 100 such dogs attached to 100 such machines.... pinch.... hold.... release ....pinch.... hold.... release.... mmmm.... good dog.

wow, they could also have spearfishing classes, a grizzly bear could be your best budy when hunting for salmon..;)

haha so true! but you would have to make sure he dosent eat it straight away or even eat your catch right off the actualy spear lol

Hey my dog Sue loves to come diving with me. When I say diving With me I mean I do the diving and she just swims out with me. She has no trouble swimming 500m off shore and then she just heads for the beach when she is ready. She keeps an eye on me but I don't think she would be much good for a rescue.
As for going under the water she shows no inclination whatsoever to join me and I am not about to make her. I think these people are nuts. They sure are funny though.rofl

Attachments

• sue flying leap.jpg
    sue flying leap.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 225
  • sue swimming.jpg
    sue swimming.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 170
Reactions: BennyB

Some breeds of goldfish don't look too happy about the idea, judging by their facial expression...
Lionhead Goldfish

Looks like that one already dove... into the shallow end! Head-smack!

Globe Eye Goldfish

Reminds me of Trux's "Vacuum" thread...

Pearlscale Goldfish

Those are some chubby fish, even the youngsters!
Underwater golf, Mr. Redl?

And this one, which apparently doesn't like a strong overhead light... (Warning - not a pretty sight unless you like all fancy goldfish!)
Celestial Goldfish

I can't imagine a harder student to teach diving than one that always looks at the sky rofl Come on buddy look at the water, come on look at the water!

I guess you all know , don't you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lionhead Goldfish

Globe Eye Goldfish

Pearlscale Goldfish

Celestial Goldfish

Since we're on the topic, I had to include this fella ..

Bubble Eye Goldfish

Bo

I recommend this..Maggie as an instructor for Petfree.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWv2-9dZIQM&watch_response]Maggie[/ame]

I have no affiliation with Maggie's company:)

Last edited:
Imagine the potential for new world records though. We could have a WR classifiaction for every different pet breed and of course for tandem records with every breed. Imagine the allure, not only will we teach your collie to freedive, you can set the world record in tandem static with in the human/collie classification.

Cheers Wes

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT