• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

[News] Martin Stepanek Resigns from PFI

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Wow this really shocked me. I am glad that I took the class when I did. Martin was a great teacher and role model.

My girlfriend who should know sez he got a movie deal.
Paul Kotik told me he saw him leaving with a huge glass ball on his SUV and murmuring something about beating Blaine's record. No, not the one of the most spectacular blackout ever. He will stay closed in the bubble for two years, or any time needed to develop gills, and then doing an hour long apnea (including drinking of 12 bottles of beer under water while being chained).

Last edited:
Reactions: island_sands

Damn, that's a shame!!!! Someone at the top of his game going off the rails with hair brained schemes like that Still that's what being shunned by Sven does for you

What? He didn't choose the sea? He chooses the girl? He must have seen the wrong 'Big Blue' movie!

Well in time we shall know and hopefully understand, best of fortunes, love, peace and water to you Martin!

Kars

Why should Martin have to give any explanation or declaration? It's his life after all, and it's his personal business.

Wish him well and success.

Read my note again. I have never said he SHOULD or HAD TO. I just said that speculating and gossip is not a good thing.

Last edited:
Read my note again. I have never said he SHOULD or HAD TO. I just said that speculating and gossip is not a good thing.

Dude you are quite right, it was very wrong of us to speculate, I am sorry.

Martin, if you read this please accept my apologies too. I would like to put it on record that any stories that you have run off with Sven are based on nothing but malicious gossip and have no relation to the truth whatsoever. Further, I would like to offer myself for ritual sacrifice along with 4 headless chickens and a goat by way of recompense.

A nice quote from Billy Connoly: "Never take an idiot with you, you are bound to find one when you get there"

rofl ....You guys a hillarious.

I notice that no one else has apologised, I'm feeling a little silly now rofl

Benny, I couldn't resist

I'll help. I apologize for the bit about oprah - the next one is much better.

The Mink heiress sounds good rofl rofl

Now, about running off with Sven and a headless chicken, that should make the headlines. Does the goat belong to Kirk? I heard that Paul Kotik had it imported from Israel.

Not to be confused with choking the chicken!

I don't know that I'd be comfortable competing with a headless chicken. Do you have something I know that I'm better than? :blackeye

Re: Not to be confused with choking the chicken!

I don't know that I'd be comfortable competing with a headless chicken. Do you have something I know that I'm better than? :blackeye
If only everything in life was as simple to answer! Yeah me

I just found out that Martin was leaving PFI. I was suppose to do the intermidiate class with PFI last month. But had to change it to July. I was really looking foward to learning from Martin. I'm still doing the PFI course in July and later the PFI advanced course. It would feel more complete if Martin was still teaching there. Maybe its for the best. And if Martin desides to teach on his own, I'll be waiting in line to sign up. Even if I have to travel over seas to do it. He is one of the best in the sport. And I hope that someday I have a chance to learn from him.

Ooh..., Ok (Sven Anderson). I thought Sven was a so pretty girl...

//

I don't know what he does in his spare time..........rofl
How did you hear about that? I thought that thread had been deleted
Thinking about it, wasn't there a certain contest along those lines? :chatup

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…