• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

[News] Win a Range Rover - Dubai Freediving Competition

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeeperBlue.com

DeeperBlue.com Editorial
Apr 7, 2006
DubaiOne and the Arabic channels of Dubai Television have announced the dates of the Al Fazz'a Freediving Championship, held under the patronage of Shaikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and Chairman of Dubai Executive Counci...

This is an news discussion thread for discussing the following DeeperBlue.net News item:

Click here for original DeeperBlue.net News Item...

Guys everyone is invited to come and compete.

It would be great to see some of you walk away with the Range Rover or money (the Range Rover can be sold and you can take the money easily).

The number to call and register as a participant is :

+9714-362-4399 (call before lunchtime)

Accommodation can be found at the Mina Seyahi itself or other hotels in Dubai are the Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts Worldwide - Luxury Hotels in Dubai, London and New York - Jumeirah.com, Dusit Dubai, Shangri-La, Crowne Plaza, SAS Radisson Media City (close to the event), Grosvenor House, Sheraton Jumeirah (close to the event), Royal Meridien, Oasis Hotel (close to the event). etc etc

Wow, I did not know there was a tradition of static apnea anywhere in the world. I thought that was just one of the purley masochistic sides of this "extreme sport" of ours.

Holding yourself down on a weighted rope dose not sound too relaxing. I woulder what results you could get there.

I asume it is not going to be an AIDA competition, right?

Interesting, you'd need to wrap the rope around your hand to stay under as you'd be pretty buoyant. Also at 2m deep my feet would be waving in the air!

yeah last year was pretty funny. There is a concrete block at the bottom of rope, i tried to wedge my feet in it, then tried hanging upside holding my nose (not used to flooding sinuses), you waste an awful lot of energy trying to stay down or get in a comfortable position. The water was 19degC and cloudy, we werent allowed wear any wetsuit or anything so it was bloody cold rofl

No, its definitely not an AIDA competition rofl there is a scuba diver :confused: blowing bubbles in your ear as well to make sure you dont black out rofl

Watts, last years results are in this thread http://forums.deeperblue.net/genera...ving-competition-dubai-1-february-2007-a.html

lol yes and it's very irritating to have him so close to you giving you the "are you ok" sign all the time, bloooopp blooopp bloopppp

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT