• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

[News] World Champion Freediver Martin Stepanek has established a new company...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeeperBlue.com

DeeperBlue.com Editorial
Apr 7, 2006
Martin Stepanek, world champion and world record freediver, has established a new company that will provide cutting edge freediving services and instruction built on the foundation of Martins many years of world class experience. Based out of Ft....

This is an news discussion thread for discussing the following DeeperBlue.net News item:

Click here for original DeeperBlue.net News Item...

At last, the mystery is solved! And you know what this means? MORE classes we can take! And with Martin! Yay!! rofl Hmmm...guess this means I'll have to keep working on my Czech...

Todd

I certainly hope that nobody discounts Kirk's knowledge and abilities as an instructor and course director. Performance Freediving has been, and I am certain will continue to be, a leading provider of education for freedivers and spearos alike.

I know both Kirk and Martin, and although I am not privey to the details and circumstances that lead Martin to open a competing training facility, I wish Martin all the best in his new business venture. Kirk undoubtedly will as well continue to provide divers with top notch training at Performance Freediving.

Jim

Reactions: Pastor
All the best to Martin in his new venture. Love the photos on his web site. Especially this one -

Attachments

• martin stepanek.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 278
kimc, please do not insinuate or assume things like that. Keep opinions like that to yourself.

Martin's choice to establish his own company should not be a reason to doubt the business ethics, and definitely not the quality of training, of Performance Freediving.

It amazes me when someone gets called on having made an ignorant statement, and then follows up with the phrase, ".......all I'm saying is" and then restates their point more politely.

What you originally said was indeed painfully incorrect and rude to those involved. You do not reserve the right to comment factually on circumstances when you are not aware of the details. You have no clue as to the standing of the interpersonal relationships involved, nor the details of how and why this new venture came about.

Rocket scientist, ..................not even close.

Jim

Last edited:
To make you happy, I remove my personal opinions. Sooner or later the truth will come out anyway, with or without my personal opinions.
Then we'll see who the Rocket Scientist is.
:wave

Yeah, that post kind of made my hair stand on end, as well. I admire, like, and respect Kirk, Mandy, and Martin equally, and my feelings for and opinions on any of them will not change. I think it's great that Martin has established a new option for freedivers. If anything, Floridians will definately make out, with both FIT and PFI to choose from now (PFI's Florida courses are SO popular, that they always sell out quickly). Myself, I'm really looking forward to taking Martin's courses, AND still taking my Advanced PFI course in Grand Cayman next month. The way I see it, we now have more classes to take, and more chances to learn and grow. I'm not about to choose sides, here....and nobody else should feel that they have to, either. But it looks like I'm gonna end up with a LOT of Martin's fin bags; I already have ONE, I got it for Christmas!rofl (P.S. it's a GREAT bag!)

Todd

Yeah, I am in April 24th-26th courses, now Prodive is way closer to me..:inlove

Just signed up for the Level II June clinic with my wife. I had the privilege of training with Martin in the 2001 PFD clinic back when it was taught by Kirk and Brett. I remember witnessing Martin do a 7+ minute dry apnea during the clinic while he had an oximeter on his finger...and I remember when Kirk who was monitoring the oximeter said to Martin, "you don't have to do this any more" as Martin's oxygen saturation level dropped to the low 80's (to put things into perspective, I felt like I was going to die when my Oxygen saturation level reached 94%). The guy had a Co2 tolerance level that was crazy! I kept thinking, this guy is going to break some records in the future... Anyhow, I look fwd to Martin's training methodology. I wish him the best of luck with FIT. In addition, I give lots of props to PFD for being the first group (that I know of) in the US to offer cutting edge elite freediving insight to the public. Brett who was the world champion in CB at the time, is one of the nicest most layed back guys I've ever met, and Kirk taught me how to equalize my ears by using my throat - learning this was a defining moment with my freediving.

Bo

This is great. More options. I used to live right around the corner from Pro Dive. Damn.:head

When he left PFI I thought it was bad news, but somehow I never thought that he might establish his own company. That's GREAT news. More choices for American freedivers.
All the best to Martin!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…