• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NJ NY or PA Freedivers

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Feld

Jun 27, 2001
Anyone in NJ, NY, PA or east coast wanna go freediving? We have about 4 divers in the club so far and are always looking for more to swim with.

What area of New York are you in? I dive the Montreal & Ottawa Zone, we're not too far away.....

Maybe meet in the middle some time?

Willer

We dive all over From the RI, NY and NJ shore to a quarry in PA. There are a series of reservoirs in NJ which are around 190' which are allot of fun deep and dark. The quarry in PA is were we do most of our diving and some teaching as well. It ranges in depth from 25' to 100'. It’s a great place to train and have fun. It’s about a 7 hour drive from Ottawa according to Cragrat but well worth it. I'm good friends with Cragrat who is also in Ottawa. We should make arrangements to go diving.

Next time I come up to Ottawa you, me and Cragrat will all have to go to the great Bungee to pick rocks from the bottom or you and he can come down here and hit the coast or the quarry.

Oh no! not the Quarry!!! :D Always wanted to do a bungee dive.....

Been to the bottom of that place on scuba a couple times - really freak'n cold for such a small body of water.......

Sounds like a great Idea!

Willer

i attend college in allentown, pa which is 15 minutes from the jersey state line and 15 minutes from dutch springs (the quarry in bethlehem, pa)......i am brand spankin new to freediving.....done plenty of scuba back home in florida....plenty comfortable in the water, but i would need someone to show me the ropes of freediving

Your now one of us

eualthemule,

Well Dutch opens April 6.

Consider yourself one of the gang.

I'm usually there every weekend assisting Trace Molinowski with a freediving class for PDIC or just having fun diving with the gang.

Anytime we go diving a email is sent out to whomever wants to meet up. So now that your one of the gang I'll email you when and were so we can get you freediving like a pro in no time.

Look forward to diving with you. Feel free to email me anytime.

Jeff R. aka Feld

Jersey Freediver here

Hello guys:
I am new to this group, but have been stalking for months, learning a great deal from these posts. Waiting for my second season of freediving to start. Decided to hang up the tanks for good last summer. Spent a few months last year getting the feel of freediving on weekends, about 40 miles out off of Cape May NJ, on a private boat with 3 scuba divers, one I work with, and the boat owner lives 4 miles from here. Then tried Key Largo on a short 4 day trip in mid October. That really got me psyched.
Anyway, about the quary, I just signed up last month for a pre-season pass to Dutch Springs, and plan to get up there almost every weekend for training. It is about 104 miles from my home here in S. Jersey, took 2 hours exactly to drive it. I had the great opportunity to speak with the owner, Stewart Schooly (sp) on the way back from some PA camping in the pocono mountains a month ago, when I stopped in to check it out. The place was deserted! Anyway, where do I sign up?!! Count me in. Just got a pair of carbon fins I'm anxious to try out. Somebody put me on some sort of list!
Jim

Your on the Li

Your on the list Jim.

Yha stew is a nice guy...He has some big plans for the future of Dutch for scuba divers. We have some big plans for freeidvers there as well.

Jeff

Hi guys, my name is Jim and I am in Phila. Trace told me he is starting a club and I am really looking forward to Dutch on the weekends. When are you guys going to start diving?

Jim:
Welcome to the forum. I've only been a member myself for a few weeks now. I was also excited to learn there is a group nearby who likes to visit the quarry. In fact, I bought a preseason pass in Feb. for unlimited use and camping. I plan to take my motorhome up there whenever I can. The trip takes me 2 hours exactly, from here in S. Jersey. That's only a little more than half of what it takes me to get to the Pocono Mtns. This is only my second year freediving, but have been certified for scuba since 1979. Since I've never been to Dutch Springs diving yet, I don't know what month gets comforatable, but am willing to try anything once, even if is too cold. Am glad you are in the area. Feel free to e-mail me off the forum if you wish. Glad to have you aboard.
Jim

Hi Jim

Yes Trace, and I are in the process of setting up a website for freedivers on the east coast. The site will also advertise for the PDIC Freedive course that he and I teach at Dutch as well as a freedive manual we are in the process of writing.

Some form of a course outline timings and cost should be up next week 4/8/02.

This is the url for now

http://www.eastcoastfreediver.com/

As for diving Dutch opens this weekend and we are making plans to dive on Sat or Sun.

I'll email you and the others the date when we are going to meet.

Feel free to email me directly anytime.
Jeff Rempel

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT