• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

North devon rock spot for Pole spear fishing lobster , octopus ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

FifouMckornik

Sep 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

I recently moved to North Devon from Australia , where I did some casual pole spearfish a few times only , ( lobster , langouste , rock fish, , octopus ) , and i was wondering if , there any place around here fairly easy accessible by foot /swim , that could be my ideal shallow rock spot ?
I really would like to keep spear fishing as a exercice hobby , some help from local would be much appreciate !
as well , if you have any advice for which spear to get between theses 2 for my little hunting adventure , that would be brilliant , ( i m worried that the Adult size might be too big for rock ?)

Have a great day everyone and thanks again

Hello everyone,

I recently moved to North Devon from Australia , where I did some casual pole spearfish a few times only , ( lobster , langouste , rock fish, , octopus ) , and i was wondering if , there any place around here fairly easy accessible by foot /swim , that could be my ideal shallow rock spot ?
I really would like to keep spear fishing as a exercice hobby , some help from local would be much appreciate !
as well , if you have any advice for which spear to get between theses 2 for my little hunting adventure , that would be brilliant , ( i m worried that the Adult size might be too big for rock ?)

Have a great day everyone and thanks again
Amazon product

or

Amazon product

I can't figure out how to delete my comment , as the link to amazon doesnt work .
it s the model:
- salimar pole spear 14 unisex adult 185 cm
or
- salimar paralyzer m6 , which is half the size

Sorry for multi comments ! can't figure out how to delete the last ones

North Devon is exposed to the Atlantic swells which usually means poor vis, there are some spots further west into north Cornwall but you’ll have to look for coves that are sheltered from the west.

To be honest ive never heard of anyone pole spearing lobster? Just grab them with your hand!

North Devon is exposed to the Atlantic swells which usually means poor vis, there are some spots further west into north Cornwall but you’ll have to look for coves that are sheltered from the west.

To be honest ive never heard of anyone pole spearing lobster? Just grab them with your hand!

Hi Fishtab ! thank you for the quick reply . I'm glad to hear there some spots not to far , I have my van and don't mind a bit of driving , ( back in Oz , I drove 50 h straight during my 3 days off work to dive with great white shark ) I don't mind fews miles ! Any area in particular in the west you could recommend ?
Concerning the pole spearing lobster , I used to worked in little Island on the great reef barrier , a stormed just hit the island right before I arrived , and Langouste and lobster will always be hiding under rock and dead reef , very , very hard to spot and catch , you couldn't grab them by hand .
I can't wait to handpick my lobster here !

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT