• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Nothern California Freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Parapsycho

Omo Yemaya
May 27, 2003
Are there any freedivers here from the Northern California area? Im in Texas now, but in about a month I will be moving to Martinez, California. Its a little ways east of San Francisco. Im not sure exactly how far, but its pretty close.
Any divers out there, or does anyone know of any good spots?
Thanks,
Para

Sher there are plent of good spots to go. our coast line has some of the best diving in the world!. the vis can be good but some times bad, you just gotta know when to go. The spearfishing is realy good and the abolone diving the best..

Me and my dad dive together when my dad was younger he use to be a really good comiption sperfishermen he know Terry Mas and most of ther legens out there......... so are you bying a house out here?

Cool! Maybe we can all get together and dive sometime. Im not big on spearfishing (yet anyways), and am allergic to shellfish, but Im always up to do a bit of freediving.

Well, my parents are buying a house out there. Im 19, and am still living with them (for now), so whereever they go, I get to go. Im super excited though. :D

HOME SWEET HOME

Northern CA and sven are always used in the same sentence. Fuzz is here, Fred Reicher, Kayak Diver, Longfins, Stu and a whole bunch more. You'll want to get comfortable with the water to participate next year in Svan's Annual Ab Grab, a DB staple of fun and mollusks.:cool:

so you just free dive and see how deep you can go or just cruse the bottom and check out stuff. do you dive by your self..?

Awesome!

Any of you guys in the bay area? Im so excited, because there arent many freedivers in Texas, so hopefully california will be a good move!

Ling-cod,
For now at least. I've never spear-fished before, so I dont know what that is like. I also havent been diving that much, because I dont have my Drivers Liscence, and there arent any safe places to dive around here.

Last edited:
norcal

im here too. hayward. a little closer to monterey than martinez. ill go north or south dont matter.
matt
i wanna go to la jolla and catalina and baja soon. all mostly drive car camp and kayak.

Attachments

• dsc00606.gif.jpg
    dsc00606.gif.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 217
Congrats pak, but you may want to change that cleaning board of yours for one that's not pressure treated. The copper and preservatives in it will turn you as green as those longs. :yack

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT